looking to get a legacy B4

I just bought a 2001 B4 2 weeks ago and ABSOLUTELY DONT REGRET IT. I love it.

Its a big comfortable car with the power available when you want it too.

After buying the car do budget for stuff like alarm, FULL service and Remap

A decent alarm like a Clifford will set you back 800euro fitted.
Full service including timing belt, engine, gearbox and diff oils, spark plugs will set you back about 700euro
A remap will be another 1000euro or there abouts.

As mentioned above buying one from a club member can reduce the expense because you know the car will have been looked after.

If impreza interests you I have a real rare one here. She is going in on a trade in in a couple of weeks but you can have her for what i'm getting at trade if you want.

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=12105.msg146421#msg146421 date=1232467375]
If impreza interests you I have a real rare one here. She is going in on a trade in in a couple of weeks but you can have her for what i'm getting at trade if you want.
[/quote]

Good man Eric.... :thumbsup:

On test drive look for any hesitation in acceleration,maf and o2 sensors seem to go a bit,also listen for squeaks from shocks-only can be heard in the dry though. Drive slowly in a figure of eight and listen for any diff or gearbox clunks or knocks. The subaru reliability thing is a myth imo-keep them serviced and run only on proper fuel if not mapped-no exceptions for this!!! I actually travel 25 miles every time i need E5 for mine and I service oil and filter every 4000km-sometimes less!! its overkill but better safe than sorry!!! You wont run any turbo car for the same as a corolla or type-r even-if anyone thinks they can-theyre fooling themselves-if something breaks it must be fixed or the car parked until it can be. Happy hunting!!! By the way Id consider parting with my 01 B4 but I wont take less than 12500 for it-its in the members gallery. :thumbsup:

[quote author=johnjoe link=topic=12105.msg146390#msg146390 date=1232465111]
Welcome along :subaru:
As above, good idea to get the diagnostics done to make sure everything is in good order.
The advantage of the revision D model (May 2001 onwards) is that it has the Denso ECU and (in my opinion anyway!) the sensors are more reliable.
I don't find it that expensive to run, fuel economy isn't the best but not many 2L turbos are! :icon_biggrin:
The main thing is the fuel, run it on Maxol E5 if it's available to you, and a good octane booster :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I thought REV D was september on? either way the REV D is a better choice , denso ecu bigger turbos and stronger bottom end.

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=12105.msg146464#msg146464 date=1232471253]
As above, good idea to get the diagnostics done to make sure everything is in good order.
The advantage of the revision D model (May 2001 onwards) is that it has the Denso ECU and (in my opinion anyway!) the sensors are more reliable.
I don't find it that expensive to run, fuel economy isn't the best but not many 2L turbos are! :icon_biggrin:
The main thing is the fuel, run it on Maxol E5 if it's available to you, and a good octane booster :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I thought REV D was september on? either way the REV D is a better choice , denso ecu bigger turbos and stronger bottom end.
[/quote]
Fairly sure it's 05.2001 on, can't remember where I first read it, think it was on some jap parts website.
After a bit of searching I found a link:
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~ccgrant/leggymodels.htm

[quote author=johnjoe link=topic=12105.msg146564#msg146564 date=1232479640]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=12105.msg146464#msg146464 date=1232471253]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Fairly sure it's 05.2001 on, can't remember where I first read it, think it was on some jap parts website.
After a bit of searching I found a link:
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~ccgrant/leggymodels.htm
[/quote]

sound.

Here's my two cents,dont buy one thats being laying up for a while,over 6 months,i was a rookie myself when i bought my B4 & i pretty much made all d mistakes you can,lesson learnt i must say,if i can keep mine driving until the insurance is up in june it will be an achievement,got the car in sep. 08,givin me guff for one reason or another once a month since then,a mint leggy is a hell of a car,if only i knew what one was!

Back