Looking for help with gauges

STI_Seg

Hi guys looking for help or to be pointed in the right direction.
So I have the STI genome gauges in my car with control box. oil temp, oil pressure and turbo.
So when I got the car all was working fine then oil temp needle started to jump around and freeze (presuming it was the wires as if you played with wire would work perfectly) so I got someone to look at them said they were an “auto electrician” now I have no working gauges, and a few broken pins on the board on the back of the gauge as they tried to solder the wire direct but just broke the pin.
the wires for the gauges are coming off the control box down at the drivers side knee and all the sensors are going into the control box aswell I think the gauges were Dailey chained off each other also. I’m guessing light power is coming from the Parker’s as when I turn off parking lights the lights on the gauges also turn off but they did still work.
If someone was familiar with them that would be great as they are driving me nuts, as they are sti genome gauges I would like to get them fixed and keep them for the OEM side of things.

This is my last hope before I go and buy defi or AEM gauges.

So if anyone knows anything about them or knows of someone that would be able to help me out please let me know 😁

Thanks in advance people, I have done a few google searches but they didn’t come up with anything.

Sould like you need a replacement gauge . You can power up the rest and leave the oils sensor gauge the last in the line so all the rest work except that 1 but still really not a fix . Very hard to get someone to work on something that small .
just removed a full set of defi gauges the other day and you need to be careful with the plugs and pins as they are brittle

Attachments

• A31A9D14-A026-4C96-8416-DA6A7E266AFE.jpeg
    A31A9D14-A026-4C96-8416-DA6A7E266AFE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • 759B2908-C9D8-4FAA-8195-C366CA7B46CB.jpeg
    759B2908-C9D8-4FAA-8195-C366CA7B46CB.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • 3A7E0E79-546E-4F40-AEB6-CFF4E8CE6D1B.jpeg
    3A7E0E79-546E-4F40-AEB6-CFF4E8CE6D1B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Sould like you need a replacement gauge . You can power up the rest and leave the oils sensor gauge the last in the line so all the rest work except that 1 but still really not a fix . Very hard to get someone to work on something that small .
just removed a full set of defi gauges the other day and you need to be careful with the plugs and pins as they are brittle
Yea anybody I’ve tried to look at them has said the same, just wanted to try get something done with them as they are a dear enough kit to get and there proper STI ones.

Are you selling that at you took out??

STi Genome Guages are Defi, same as you have just with a STi logo.

Bad joice getting your man to solder them, id say hes fucked the connectors on teh back, a set of those gauges are 6/700 secondhand. They run independently as Joe suggests.

If its a signal issue from the sendor to the gauge , then the red light flashes on the gauge, not the gauge flicker. If it was a power issue , the whole gauge would go on and off completely. Id say you prob had a faulty gauge, which all parts can be got separately, jdmdisto might have replacements in stock re cables etc , but those exact STi genome gauges are rare.

Id try ebay for a replacement temp gauge, or leave it unplugged until you find one...

99% of the time they are wired to te clock harness, as it dims with lights hence you gauges had 2 light settings in line with your headlights , full brightness, and Dimmed.

STi Genome Guages are Defi, same as you have just with a STi logo.

Bad joice getting your man to solder them, id say hes fucked the connectors on teh back, a set of those gauges are 6/700 secondhand. They run independently as Joe suggests.

If its a signal issue from the sendor to the gauge , then the red light flashes on the gauge, not the gauge flicker. If it was a power issue , the whole gauge would go on and off completely. Id say you prob had a faulty gauge, which all parts can be got separately, jdmdisto might have replacements in stock re cables etc , but those exact STi genome gauges are rare.

Id try ebay for a replacement temp gauge, or leave it unplugged until you find one...

99% of the time they are wired to te clock harness, as it dims with lights hence you gauges had 2 light settings in line with your headlights , full brightness, and Dimmed.
Yea I know there rare that’s why I’d like to get them fixed before I go and buy a different set. I didn’t know he was going to try solder them I was put onto him from someone else saying “he’s the only lad for the job”. Guess you live and u learn 😑

Cool thanks for that I’ll give them a ring during the day and see if they can help me out with anything 👍

I'd say a good shout to have them repaired would be someone who repairs laptops/MACs/mobile phones etc. Basically someone who has experience working on electrical devices with small boards and pins on them should see you right.

In all honesty, if this "auto electrician" has a business, I'd be taking him to small claims court rather than your "live and learn" approach.

I'd say a good shout to have them repaired would be someone who repairs laptops/MACs/mobile phones etc. Basically someone who has experience working on electrical devices with small boards and pins on them should see you right.

In all honesty, if this "auto electrician" has a business, I'd be taking him to small claims court rather than your "live and learn" approach.
Yea I was actually getting my phone fixed earlier and was asking them guys they said they will have a look and see and let me know before they touch it.

no he dosent work for himself he works for someone else doing that line of work but he was just doing me a “favour” apparently. So I’m kinda sh*t out of luck that way unfortunately.

Back