D_dan

Hey guys,

1. Subaru model - Impreza
2. Model Year - 04
3. Model shape - V6
4. Model type - WRX
5. Version - V6
6. Model Origin - JDM

My cars been sitting up for 6+ years and looking to get it going again I'm preparing for an engine rebuild.
So in the meantime I want to get everything else back up and running properly so look for some feedback and maybe suggestions.

I've a VF35 turbo less than 30k km on it and I've run some oil through the feed lines and it isn't seized.
However if I try spin the turbine it'll only turn maybe 1 rotation before it stops.
I'm not sure with a devided trust bearing design if I should actually be able to blow it to move or what's acceptable?

In terms of shaft play if say there's maybe 1mm you can feel it but it's not something I can clearly see by eye.

Two questions -
1) Are there concerns around the rotational stiffness and could this smoothen out after getting the engine back running?
2) is there someone local to Dublin/Kildare who can inspect and rebuild if necessary?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like it’s grand . . It spins freely with your finger hound around and about .5mm or less play in the shaft when you wiggle it you finger

Back