Link arms, lateral arms, trailing arms etc

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Right lads, might do a bit of a refresh on the underneath of the car over the next while.
Gonna start stockpiling parts.
Question, are you better off going with OEM or aftermarket?
I see the likes of hardrace have a kit for it.
Screenshot_20220608-152034_Chrome.jpg
I also see you can get STI pink ones, fairly pricey for em tho. So prob out the question, two sti pink trailing arms are 550 odd, where as (judging by hardrace prices) the kit pictured is prob about 600 or so.
Or, if anyone knows of any kit available that has the whole OEM arm set, ICP are out of stock and from what I see, you can't buy the whole kit either. But, may be wrong.
Just looking for opinions 👍
TIA

That thought didn't even cross my mind.
Will look for a used set. Also, I'd replace bushes and all that in them, so, I assume you'd swap them out before powdercoating in order to avoid scratching the freshly coated arms?
Gonna get scratched once they're under it anyway I guess lol 😆

Cheers lads, I'll stick with oem and get them powdercoated. Mighty stuff, great help as always lads 😀

Standard Eoin stay away from aftermarket sh*t subaru put more time in the original part design which is meant for the car as a whole that they built

Standard Eoin stay away from aftermarket sh*t subaru put more time in the original part design which is meant for the car as a whole that they built

I would respectfully disagreee with that blanket statement covering all aftermarket parts Gary. Technology and manufacturing processes have moved on since this car was designed and built in the 90s/20s. It also depends totally imho to the application.

If the car will be used for spirited driving on the road, I reckon OEM subaru ones with fresh OEM bushes will be more than adequate to keep the geometry as required.

If Eoin wants to push the car further e.g bringing it out to Mondello track days etc, there are always improvements that can be made to camber, toe, caster etc by using aftermarket parts that will help achieve a better geo. Hardrace as a manufacturer have been around for a long while and their products are good. I myself have the full set of adjustable rear lateral control arms from Whiteline. They have helped a lot in dialing in what I wanted to get out of the car along with a good few other parts from Whiteline for the suspension.

The idea of getting a set, powdercoating them, replace bushes and then swap them into your car is a solid one Eoin. I reckon there may be companies that do it but I'd say they are based in the UK.

Also, if you are looking at the Hard Race one, the Whiteline version is adjustable and cost less :)

Back