legacy mk1

Ianbhp

Middle Lane Hogs
anybody know where you could pick up the mk1 legacy turbo, rs :thumbsup: or gt? cant find them anywhere, ireland, england or japan :ponder2:

:subaru: :subaru: :subaru:

I think Dave bought one resently but he was looking for a long time. Don't think he'd sell her. But you could always ask. He will say no though. :lol:

Best of luck with your search but I think you'll have a wait on your hands.

Yup Daveleggy did buy one, saw it up in the garage over the weekend. Its sweeeeeet! He got it from Japan.

i bought an auto one as couldn't find any decent manual one from looking for 9 months in japan..

found a 93 white one with a unbelievable 39km/25k miles only on her. Engine bay and underneath is like a year old car. Really hard to believe.

So plan is to put her looking like a uk spec'd timewarp car. As in uk rear bumper, uk boot panel where reg goes,
manual conversion incl all bits incl speedos etc.

Hey dave sounds sweet, just wondering if there is any particular faults that i should be looking at when viewing one.
heard gear box can be a bit of trouble :icon_blahblah:
obviously rust in england, but any problem places for rust? :ponder2:
since you have been lookin this long thought you would be the man to ask
thanks
:thumbsup:

Hi Ian,

If you would like to give me a call @ 085771534 i'd love to have a chat with you regards series 1/2 legacy turbo's

DAVE

think that one had lot of spray work.. Remember seeing previous ad. Also rub strips are colour coded. Thats at mercy of sprayer regards quality..

Depends on wat level of condition ian is after.. Assuming with concerns over rust etc he's looking for a very good one then anyone..

@RS-RA Where are you when theres Legacy Turbo talk???

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=12115.msg147117#msg147117 date=1232585022]
think that one had lot of spray work.. Remember seeing previous ad. Also rub strips are colour coded. Thats at mercy of sprayer regards quality..

Depends on what level of condition ian is after.. Assuming with concerns over rust etc he's looking for a very good one then anyone..

@RS-RA Where are you when theres Legacy Turbo talk???
[/quote]
missing my one, is where i be :icon_cry:
dont call me about it, cos u'll never get me off the phone. absolutely love them. will build another one at some stage with newage sti running gear in a series one.
the list to watch out for is endless, not that they are a bad car. just getting on abit at this stage. would keep searching japan, just because i dispise the rust from the uk. you can fix everything else. but the rust is there for life. just wait till you find the right one, there so worth it. a few main points to watch for, rusty wings rusty rear quarter panel and inside at rear door. noiser lifters, expansion tank leaks, crunchy gears, steering rack and cv boots, knocking cv joints, juttery clutch, charge cooler pump, sloopy gear linkage. ahh the list goes on :zzzz: should come to the meet tonight and i'll waffle the ears off you :subaru:

I have been looking for a long time too. a couple have gone and past on pistonheads but im off to view one sunday in Leeds and hopefully its a good one.

Can someone stick up a pic of that one one scoobyireland, im blocked at work.

I also love them and it baffles me why they are not way dearer. the car has rally pedigree, everything an impreza has and dirt cheap insurance. my 23 year old brother got a quote of €600 cause he is buting my rs

I've asked him a few questions about his car for you. Might be interesting to see his answers.

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=12115.msg146686#msg146686 date=1232491836]
i bought an auto one as couldn't find any decent manual one from looking for 9 months in japan..

found a 93 white one with a unbelievable 39km/25k miles only on her. Engine bay and underneath is like a year old car. Really hard to believe.

So plan is to put her looking like a uk spec'd timewarp car. As in uk rear bumper, uk boot panel where reg goes,
manual conversion incl all bits incl speedos etc.
[/quote]

Post up some pics Dave... PLEASE!!! :pray:

ive my rs about 2 years now and all i can say is they,re like any other car, they need to be looked after and not driven to death....sh1t happens things break and burst and fall off for now apparent reason believe me i know :ponder2: :ponder: :wall: all the best with your seach :thumbsup: :subaru:

[quote author=Legy C link=topic=12115.msg147294#msg147294 date=1232641955]
how much is that one going for ?
[/quote] £1150

Back