Legacy GT-b vs. Legnum VR4

thats interesting bout the top end dan. Mine dosn't help being an automatic i suppose for speed wise. Dave was saying that he noticed the petrol just flows out of the legnum. Was talkin to davelegacy about stuff there in de dello (!!) and he was talkin bout a decat for it, which sounds like a nice modification!!

@Rourkey, any tips for me seens as your engine bay is lovely?

Dont think im gonna change much on the exterior of the car apart from a carbon bonnet maybe, am still deciding whether it'll be good or bad!! and wanna get a little bit louder of an exhaust cause since getting the turbo, i just wanna hear that purr all day long!!
Also have to get my front bumber fixed up, the dealer put a crack on it when he was selling it to me from the car wash. i asked him to fix it for me aswell as clean the outside and replace the side repeater cover. he said he would fix everything and have it clean until i came back to him maybe a month later and it still wasnt fixed or cleaned. and he didnt give me much off the price either.

Sorry i just realised i was starting to rant and i dint even know i was doin it!!
Keep suggestions and comments coming lads, great to hear what you's think and am pickin up tips off yis too.

Paddy

oh and think the legnum vr4 have her at moment has she has few mods and legacy is standard............

Although that could all change maybe :D :D :D :D :D :D :subaru: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru:

as for tuning nicknack you have the ej206 engine(auto)it has a different compression ratio to the ej208 b4's..your engine produces 260bhp standard and isnt realy as strong as the 208 but its still tunable! if you go much above 330bhp on the 206 you will need to upgrade internals! as for turbos 1.2 is realy the max..

upgrades on standard internals and turbos
cold air intake.. :noway:non oiled(bye bye maf)
open mouth dwnpipes like dagnuts(top quality) you HAVE to remap after fitting
free flow centre EG. hayward and scott
and free flow bk box!
id personally go fmic as tmic is shite! i didnt notice much difference in lag at all..
or you could go and upgrade top mount to arc one..this is top quality hard to get tho! i could get you one for around 500..
looking at your pics your front bumper would be great for fmic!
walbro 255 pump
ecutek map!

that should net you about 320bhp! :clap:

Good stuff Rourkey! great info!
If you were going for looks I'd good front mounted I'cooler, If performance then Upgraded top mount, If you are only going 320 -330 bhp and 1.2 bar I'm sure a good top mount will be fine with limited lag!
Rourkeys motor is an weapon, and that could be why he doesn,t notice any lag!
Dan

@forester sti you are probably right on standard tt turbos you might notice a little more lag! but due to there a/r ratios being so in favour of quick spooling it will still be very responsive! :thumbsup:

1.2 on standard/upgrade tmic will be perfect :thumbsup: its the same tmic as v5wrx
turbo longevity might be lost tho?
there near max standard..
my turbos are no bigger from what i can see from standard ones..there garage dog house vf modded ones! dunno spec but they seem well capable with very little lag! :subaru:

the ej206 is "tunable" but if you want good strong relible power id rebuild with stronger internals

as i said around 330bhp should be ok!
to be honest there alot of money to tune and more tricky than an imprezza
but nicknack you will something very special :cheers:

The leggy had it on the straights! Which is a bit surpising because of the smaller engine!
And If they had the same tyres (leggy har re010's and legnum had re030's) it may have beet him on the handling course!
Great video! :thumbsup:
Dan

@Kanye not sure what sort of exhaust is on it cause have never gotten her up on a ramp to see. Might know a bit more from the rolling road as others might be able to say what i have!!

@Funnyclub, that was a one day experience only!! :D Lovely little road tho!! how'd ye know the estate?

[quote author=nicknack link=topic=4142.msg57781#msg57781 date=1201527180]
@Funnyclub, that was a one day experience only!! :D Lovely little road tho!! how'd ye know the estate?
[/quote]

Because thats where I am hoping to buy as soon as my house sells.
First thing to be done will be to get speed bumps fitted lmao.

[quote author=funnyclub link=topic=4142.msg57873#msg57873 date=1201550073]
Because thats where I am hoping to buy as soon as my house sells.
First thing to be done will be to get speed bumps fitted lmao.
[/quote]

Ha Ha, you want ramps? not with a driveway like that and you in a scooby!!! :headbanger: :cheers:

Back