Legacy B4 RSK Import Question

CiarraiAbu

Hi Folks!

Ok so I'm a newbie on here and I'm looking for a little bit of advice! I'm currently in the process of importing a Legacy B4 RSK (00/01 model) from Japan. The car won't have any after market extras, just your standard model. I know all the ins and out of the import process but my question relates to the NCT, specifically can I just put this car through the NCT once it's off the boat and registered of would you recommend doing anything to it first?

I'll probably do a remap at some stage but probably not straight away (will run her on E5 for the time being). What I'm worried about are the emissions ratings section of the test and if there's anything I can do to improve the chances of passing!

I'd also appreciate any other advice as this is my first "decent car" (currently driving a piece of sh1te Astra!).

Thanks in advance guys!

Mike

hello and welcome to the club i would just put it through the nct and see what it fails(hopefully nothing)on

and then you know what to fix you could end up getting lots of unneccasary work

best of luck :thumbsup:

You need to have it registered on irish plates to NCT it & have it your name,i.e an irish issue log book.I had a stock b4 RSK & past the emissons no problem.If everything goes well you've got a luvly car,if not then it'll break your heart & u'll never give out about any reliable car again.....but thats my experience anyway! :icon_cry:

it should pass the emissions test with flying colours as the japs are very strict on there emissions

straight in for NCT and see what needs doing

amke sure you get immobilser fitted - my b4 lasted 12 weeks without one

at least get the headlights aligned before putting it in for the NCT. With some luck there may be nothing wrong with the car and it will pass first time. I would still get the headlights aligned though as they will more than likely be out.

Ya my b4 passed no problem with aftermarket exhaust with cat and was'nt mapped, just used E5 and aligned the headlights.

Cheers for all the info lads, really appreciate it!

I think I'll just send it for an NCT as soon as I can get a date (the backlog should be cleared by the time the car arrives!), headlight adjustment is only a minor thing if it fails anyway! Might use dipetane for the first week or so just to be 100% on the emissions thing!

Stayed well away from all dealers because I wanted to bring the car in a cheaply as possible. Got in touch with a company called Jimex Co. and they're fantastic so far so fingers crossed! It's a great learning experience so far!

I've heard a few horror stories about the way cars are treated on the Docks in Dublin when they come in, anyone have any experience of this? Would you recommend the use of a shipping agent?

Hope you guys don't mind all the questions!

shipping agent is a good idea - 75 quid. they lock the car for you. and hold the keys.
i used a crowd in ballycoolin - cant rember name
ask - and i'll dig out a number for you

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=14879.msg183975#msg183975 date=1241642803]
at least get the headlights aligned before putting it in for the NCT. With some luck there may be nothing wrong with the car and it will pass first time. I would still get the headlights aligned though as they will more than likely be out.
[/quote]
Same as..i had a car in Germany fail on headlights only and my old skyline here in ireland too.so make sure they are aligned.fingers crossed it will pass on everythin else :)

€75 for a shipping agent is well worth it methinks, would appreciate it if you could dig up the name of that agent for me!

Think I'll get get the lights checked before the NCT!

Again thanks for all the info people!

Get the sellers to devalue the invoice amount a little to save a bit on import tax, most of them will do this no problem. There's an agent in Dundalk called Beagans , i found them very helpful. Best of luck lad.............. :thumbsup:

Back