Legacy B4 Issues!

[quote author=MrMagoo link=topic=28693.msg334166#msg334166 date=1295787604]
Right Folks

Just looking for a plan of action to see what the story is with the car, at present the issue is a seemingly hit or miss boost issue, feels ok, then feels like its lacking boost?
If its like your not getting full boost is that on the 1st turbo or both? as this happened me it was like as if i was getting half boost and then it would just kick in all of a sudden. in my case it was a vacuum problem.
Im hooking up a boost gauge to see what were running on mon or tuesday.

When I get the results ill let you know, but im looking to see what I could be looking at changing, fixing, replacing.
If its primary turbo not boosting - What do I start with
If primary is ok but secondary is the issue where do I start?

I read on uklegacy forum of a guy who recons the solenoid box? Worth doing?
Few guys say it is worth doin.
Could a leaky gasket into turbo 2 cause issues? We noticed a bit of oil burning off around turbo 2. yet to be looked at closely.

I really would appreciate any info as at the moment im swamped with what to do or where to start!
[/quote]

mine was where the 1st turbo goes into the intercooler.

And by redoing a little bit of pipe work. was only minor though.
This is WRONG. What i did is i blocked off that t piece and i hooked up my boost gauge to hose no 12, now im going to replace the pipe and take that T piece out completly.
18012011191.jpg

your best bet is to pull off the intercooler and check where the pipes go into the intercooler and make sure they are sealed and tight. make sure the bolts are long enough and not short bolts.

check out b4 soons pictures.
http://isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=27502.0

Im going to go at the vacuum lines tomorrow because of a lack of boost, and i know the guy before me rebuit the engine, Now what I dont know is where all the lines are meant to be and if any of them are in the wrong way round etc...
Does anyone have a detailed diagram of the vacuum setup? Pipe to pipe hose to hose so I can methodically work out if its a vacuum issue???

Any help really appreciated!
Magoo

Ohhhh there are some dirty diseased dying B**tards out there.
Went at the legacy today and discovered the bulb had been taken out for the check engine.
Replaced bulb, got a cel! code 66 Is vacuum isnt it.
Had a brief look and one thing we found and compared with another leggy was hose 23 and 10 were backward. 10 was going into actuator, and 23 was t-ing off where 10 was all connected together.
Swapped them over and took it for a spin. Felt crap, same as before. Got the mechanic to drive it 15 mins later and it was soooo much better! I drove it for 5 mins and cel came on, car wouldnt rev and i barely got back to garage. Restarted engine, no cel, drove for aprox 20 mins and no cel, boosts a bit but its deffo not smooth or pulling hard.
Tomorrow it will be hooked up to boost gauge and ill have redings for ye but at present its driving, i can feel sporadic boost but not what it should be!
No Check engine which is a good thing!

yea some complete nut jobs out there. sure the mechanic who had mine before took the airbag light out. all thats wrong with the system is the clock spring needs replacing. lazy miserable dangerous fuckers in my mind.!!!
maybe try resetting the ecu. but dude your on the road to PROGRESS :) :icon_headbang:

The only cel codes that flashed up were 66! 66! and more 66!
I really need to have another 99b4 legacy next to mine, take off the intercooler so I can get at all the pipes and go pipe for pipe to match it.

The boost test tomorrow will tell a lot, am i right in thinking that that hose 23 was meant to go to the actuator and ten was mean to match up with 10 in a t piece?

I cant figure it out.. if im tipping along and give it slight throttle i can feel bost, but if i plant the fot it definately holds back, almost restricting the car.

Very frustrating! That solenoid in the wing is a next step!!
Any info or hints is really appreciated!

@Johno! If you ever find your way down this part of the country gimme a bell!
Or if you fancy coming down to help on a saturday ill look after ya financially and as much tea n samwhiches you can handle!!! I feel that giving my car to my mechanic who is good could end in a huge bill as im sure your aware not knowing the complexities of these poxy twin turbo units is massive! and he could be looking for a needle i a haystack!

where you at dude? my clutch went POP last week. so im waiting on getting it fixed. hope it will be fixed by weekend as its frikin nct is on sunday.

If you dont reset ecu the problem will still be there regardless of what pipes you swapped. Disconnect battery for an hour. Re-connect and drive 30-40 km using primary turbo gradually. If no cel comes on give it the beans and see how it feels

@ Johno.. Im in Cork, no hassle lad, get your own bus up n running!

@B4 Soon I didnt realise that! Ill do that in the morning!
Now for restrictor pills, where exactly should I have them, which number pipes!!!

[quote author=MrMagoo link=topic=28693.msg334446#msg334446 date=1295899970]
@ Johno.. Im in Cork, no hassle lad, get your own bus up n running!

@B4 Soon I didnt realise that! Ill do that in the morning!
[/quote] LOL i said that above sure

Ok so now im gonna reset the ecu and Ive also found a pic of where the restrictor pills are and i think im missing one! Have yet to check the 3 pipes in the engine bay and the one in the solenoid box! Ill get to the bottom of this if it kills me!

[quote author=MrMagoo link=topic=28693.msg334452#msg334452 date=1295901162]
Ok so now im gonna reset the ecu and Ive also found a pic of where the restrictor pills are and i think im missing one! Have yet to check the 3 pipes in the engine bay and the one in the solenoid box! Ill get to the bottom of this if it kills me!
[/quote] link us to that pic :)

Back