legacy b4 Be5 HELP! oil pressure problem?? boost problem?? don't really know

garethmac600

Petrolheads
so yeah, she's an rsk twin turbo mapped to 296bhp with just an exhaust (cat-back) exhaust was not on it was dynoed and mapped

been driving perfect the whole time( last 24 months ive had it)

today was driving home, bus stopped and i was stuck behind it in 1st, traffic opened up so booted passed it, gunned it in first and went to about 6,000 revs shifted to second and let the clutch out, put the boot down whole car went dead and the engine cut, started the car, it started fine, kept driving.

was driving up a hill in my estate, put the foot down a bit in second, as I reached the top of the hill put the clutch in and left off the accelerator, car shuddered , oil pressure light flickered and car conked

took it for another drive around the estate to see what was up, if i accelerate and then leave off the accelerator and push in the clutch the car shudders and oil pressure light comes on,

if its on a hill it will conk, and if i make a sharp turn it will shudder and conk.

havent had a chance to check the oil yet as im only just this minute in the door,

any ideas? low oil? or something worse :(

Sorry to hear that man :icon_sad:
can't offer any advice im afraid though. Hopefully you get to the root of it soon! Maybe ask around at the meet tomorrow
Did you dip it for oil after I presume?
Is it only happening when your coming off high boost?

Didnt get a spare second to look at it yet, its. Parked on a hill at the moment so ill move it down the road in the morning and see what's up, have a feeling it could be something to do with oil level or the intake maybe, feels like an intake leak at some moments, and can't make it to the meet tomorrow, sickened got called into work, and cant be turning down the extra cash ha, defo gonna be at the next one, ill be sure n book it off, hope ye get a good turn out and decent weather!

I was saying to one of the lads there he was saying could be air flow problem but with the oil pressure light i dunno.

I wouldn't worry about the oil light flicker as it cuts out as that's just the engine under revving before it cuts out .I would say you have an air leak ,like a split vacuum or intake hose or maybe a sticking idle control valve

One of the buddys diagnosed it as just that a split hose somewhere, feeling a better about it already, i dont mind putting all the time in the world into it, so long as its free ha

Well after a long 10 seconds looking over the engine, the hose from the top mount, to the drivers side turbo, was completely disconnected! Job done. :leggy2

Back