Laser Eye Surgery

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
Anyone got it done? Looking for recommendations, prices etc, general information... What are the risks involved?

My gf is looking at getting it done.. Went for a consultation with one of these €495 per eye places and they actually want €4,000 including a €1000 discount :icon_rolleyes: ... Is it worth looking into somewhere in England?

The neightbour got it done couple months ago, She was in alot of discomfort after it. Had to sit in a dark room for couple of days as she was getting headaches, every little noise irritated her, she was an out an out bitch to say the least :lol: Was out of Work for A week, Couldnt drive for week and a half..........

Alot of people that have had it done, swear by it .Was the best thing they ever did..........

Does ur misses have health insurance, cause some if not most insurers give a percentage towards Laser Eye surgery

In ireland you have Ultralase,Optilase,OpticalExpress

http://www.lasereyesurgery.ie/ Came across this site, if its any good too ya's

personally i would not leave ireland to do anything like that or anything medical.
you have feck all come back and at least if issues you can just drive to where u got it done.

Try up north Robbie. Got to be cheaper there even with the sterling conversion.

Thanks guys, appreciate all the input..

[quote author=briancollins link=topic=26412.msg310028#msg310028 date=1284035411]
Got it done in optilase in dublin, cost just short of 4k but you can claim half of it back
[/quote]
Optilase say up to 50% off for vhi/quinn/aviva members, is this how you claimed half back or did you get it back on tax relief?

ya that would be the way - tax relief now at standard rate of income tax so only 20% back on anything that you can't claim from your insurer!

The wife got it done in blackrock clinic 5k but that was 5 years ago and got 50% back on her tax
Next day she had 20/20 vision best thing she ever did (her words)
She took one good look at me and i haven't seen her in 5 years :lol: :lol:

I got mine done in optilase. Theres two different methods. One cheaper then the other. Tell talk to her and decide which would best suit her. All in with wave front threatment mine was €2000 and I got some of that back on tax. Glad I did it. It's in elli place near the green.

Cheers lads :thumbsup:

@ keith - :lol: :lol: ... You should've seen it coming though... :lol:

@ Eric - Cheers man, thats where she's looking now, they are open 7 days so she can go in there handy enough.. She's dying to get it done cause she's heard so many great reports.. They were talking about some new type of laser type coming soon that would give 1 day recovery time also :ponder:

My Aunty got hers done with Optilase,
She is in their add on telly so she got it pretty cheap,
But she says she wishes she could have done it years ago

From having to wear glasses all the time myself, I imagen it must be wonderful to have 100% vision in your periferal vision aswell as opposed to just straight ahead through the lenses! That's why I wear big glasses!

Best of luck with it!
And do let us know how she gets on,
Dan

I had perfect vision walking out the door straight after the surgery bar having to wear sunglasses!

An hour later in the car on the way home I was close to tears with pain, couldn't open my eyes at all. They reckon pain and recovery time varies from person to person

It did hurt like a bitch for about a week and i sometimes still get dry eye in the morning if I've been doing stuff that has me dehydrated but I given the choice I'd do it again. Gave me a whole new live especially at work. :whistle:

So, you could knee cap a taliban terrorist from 1,000yards now... with a pistol? :lol: :lol:

I haven't come across one person that regrets having it done so she's hopefully going to get herself into optilase next week for the consultation.. She's contacting aviva today to find out the details of her entitlements :thumbsup:

How long does the procedure take? Do they do both eyes at the same time as she was told by someone yesterday that they only do one at a time?

Back