Laptop problem

Mark Cahill

Full ISDC Members 2015Member Number 555
Having a bit of trouble with my laptop after my nephew got his hands on it, hoping someone here knows how to sort it. When I try turning it on it won't boot up properly either in normal or safe mode. In normal it goes as far as the windows starting screen then it just goes to a kind of black/grey screen. In safe mode it eventually goes to let you log in but then it says that oleaut32.dll is missing and to try reinstalling it. I have no disc to do this though. The laptop is a Sony vaio running windows 7 home edition.

Any suggestions? :thumbsup:

[quote author=Mark Cahill link=topic=29769.msg344654#msg344654 date=1301160859]
Having a bit of trouble with my laptop after my nephew got his hands on it, hoping someone here knows how to sort it. When I try turning it on it won't boot up properly either in normal or safe mode. In normal it goes as far as the windows starting screen then it just goes to a kind of black/grey screen. In safe mode it eventually goes to let you log in but then it says that oleaut32.dll is missing and to try reinstalling it. I have no disc to do this though. The laptop is a Sony vaio running windows 7 home edition.

Any suggestions? :thumbsup:
[/quote]

U could try get a copy of windows 7 install DVD and try do a startup repair that might reinstall the files for u. I have disc there if u want

Back