Laptop freezing

christyper

Petrolheads
Wel lads, went on the lap top a while ago and after about 10 mins it just freezes, it just stays on whatever screen im on and i cant do anything.. turned it off and tryed a few times and it just keeps freezing after 10 or 15 min. anyone have any idea of what would cause this?

sounds like it could be over heating.. check that the fan is blowing out hot air.. if its not chances are its blocked up with crap..

also make sure you are using it on a hard flat surfance

oh ya how old is the laptop? normally around the 2/3 yr the fan needs cleaning!

just to add to that - it could be hard drive failing.. when its booting up, put your ear to hit.. if you hear clicking or sounds like the hard drive is working really hard, chances are to could be that too.

if you have anymore problems give me a ring on 086-1734732 or at my shop 027-71576

Thanks aaron, when i turned it on a while ago it give me a option to start in safe mode, i did and done a computer scan. to be honest i know nothing about safe mode i just went on it to see what would happen! but when i was on safe mode it didnt freeze it just happens when i start windows normally. and ya it is around 2 years old.. il start it now and see if it blows hot air.. Thanks again!

if it's works fine on Safe mode than it most def is a driver/soft or virus issue.
if you have - restore to some earlier point
if not - try to remove unnecessary software from start up doing this buy. Press Win key + R - type in: msconfig and Hit Enter. Go to StartUp TAB and leave only necessary software to run a computer (no IM, Skype, ICQ, Adobe or whatso ever). Close the dialog. Restart. Look what happens.

Back