Knocking noise in the back

It not the end of the world.

It will be fixable and then you can start to enjoy your motor.

It just finding exactly what it is and tthen who has to pay for it. Make sure you ring the consumer affairs number Mark is after giving you and get the ball rolling as soon as possable.

Hopefully Mark is right in his thinking and you can tell the garage exactly what you think it is.

I'm not sure of the law mate if it says on the receipt.. Ring consumer affairs and they will steer you in the right direction with regards to that... As it is you were sold faulty goods and should be entitled to a refund... I've dealt with consumer affairs a couple of times before and they are very helpful letting you know where you stand... Would be better to know where you stand when you take it back to them rather than listening to their bulls**t...

I'm on the northside myself so no hassle meeting up... I'll pm you my number.. Having left it overnight, was it driving alright this mornin when you started out on your journey? They could've stamped no warranty all over it because they knew the problem was there already... My gearbox is currently f**ked so we can compare clunks :lol: :lol:

Oh, and eric, the names rob..

As Robbie(sweetcakes) said, Ring the consumerRights, or citizen information. You 100% have come back, Its selling unsafe goods, and its also Faulty Product. No doubt about it you can bring that back, Get Refund, Exchange, or them too fix it. bring too get diagnostics too make sure nothing else is wrong, 40€ well spent. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=12126.msg146773#msg146773 date=1232526497]

Oh, and eric, the names rob..

[/quote]

I had marks name, that had posted before me in my head for some reason. Sorry about that Rob. :lol:

Take it back to the dealer man, you still have rights. I bought my first car without a warranty, a day later the starter motor gave in. Called them but they start going on about the no-warranty shite, just annoyed them with phone calls still no joy. Eventually got them to fix it for free after 5 calls :)

You a relegally entitled to one of the 3 R's, refund, repair, replacement, warranty or not. You only had it for a day for fecks sake. Dealers are required by law to give a 3 month warranty.

i'm pretty sure the 3 month warranty only applies to engine and gearbox but if he(the dealer) has a piece of paper saying no warranty offered and signed by the buyer,then i dont think theres much legally the buyer can do.....afterall the buyer signed it of his own free will !!!
:dontknow: :dontknow:

Well its been been to a garage today. fella wasnt sure at first what was wrong and called his friend that is the mechanic over in a jap car sales place in dublin. He explained to him that the car could of came with a "limo slip diff" think limo is short for limited?? This is why im hearing the noise, a few of the cars they have brought in had the exact same noise and can only be got rid of by putting in a standard diff. I still doubt all this but i have drove rear wheel drive cars that had the exact same noise and feel to it and the owner has told me its the diff. But i will be bringing the car to a subaru garage during the week to get another opinion on it. But i will get onto consumer affairs first thing tomorrow

let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

good luck with it,

an yeah limo diff is limited slip diff :thumbsup:
had it on my teg type r,
dont think it would make a knocking noise tho.

:subaru:

if your goin round a tight corner slowly (like in town) press in the clutct and if the noise has stopped then its imo an uprated diff. no expert but thats how they work. if so then its happy days :dontknow:

Back