Knocking at really low speed

Had a long chat with 555-scooby (cheers mate :thumbsup: ) last night and we came to the conclusion that its probably a cv joint. Found this on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constant-velocity_joint

There is a faultfinding section down at the bottom which is everything that is wrong with mine, including the overheating part which i found really strange :ponder: b4 i read this that it would only happen when the car is warm. it might be help 2 sum1 else. Gonna have it checked out this week and get him to check the bushings 2.

cheers 2 every1 for their help, best €50 i ever spent, joinin this club :thumbsup: :dance: :thumbsup: :dance:

the noise you are hearing is more likely to be the anti-roll bar links. Driveshafts don,t tend to go unless they are out of balance or damaged by arock or something. Is your mechanic sure about the driveshaft.

Has anybody changed drop links before, is it something I can do myself and lastly any idea how much they cost?

Finally sorted last Friday and after a couple of hundred km over the weekend, listening intently for any little noises and heard nothing so all sorted now... Finally!! :dance: :dance:

After having both front driveshafts replaced, Dave Lewis diagnosed that the Centre differential in the gearbox was gone.

Big thanks to everyone for their help :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Rob

now you can really enjoy the car rob :) ... didnt see you after B&Q that morn . you have a gud time at japfest

Back