Knock sensor issue

You are looking at this in reverse..
the knock sensor will not cause a lean situation.

The knock sensor when it senses noise will cause the car to run in limp mode and from memory limits the rpm.
So if you have been running lean, which I would of thought is unlikely at idle, if you have any form of Det that the knock sensor picks up it will put the car into limp mode..

What happens with knock sensor in plugged?
Have yet to see if I've full rpm again haven't gotten around to fitting the recirculation pipe from dump valve but the code is there even before I start the car and will not clear so it's likely some sort of wiring issue

I unplugged it a few days back to see what codes come up and it goes from p0327 low input plugged in to p0328 high input when plugged out.

Little update

Finally got around to fiti g the recirculation pipe from the blowoff valve, perfect ratio at idle and the lean code is now gone aswell after a test drive, but yet still won't rev past 3k so like ken stated it's in limp mode because of the knock sensor.....still can't figure the bitch out pretty typical being the only code it's thrown 😑

Right lads I got a question, just seen this video and I noticed the orientation of the sensor is how I have it at 7.30 mins in but then he puts the new one on near 180° the other way at 9.50 mins and has no faults? Either he changed it back but didn't record to not look like a fool for the video or the orientation doesn't matter? What do ye think

It’s irrelevant what direction it’s pointing as it’s round and detecting from the bottom
Ya I thought the same at first, then I've read all this 45° and 60° angles i said I'd play along being new the subie world just incase but hasn't helped at all really so idk 🤷

Right, still fucked after trying a few things I've one other idea I'm gonna try tomorrow and if that fails aswell all I can think of is the new sensor from Subaru is also faulty.......highly doubt it but it's happened to me before

Will update tomorrow for whoever is following 👍

Very few parts will cause it not to rev past 3k. Air flow meter being 1 of them

Was the car running corectlly since it has been converted or could it be a wiring issue?

Knock sensor only gave me a slight hesitation

And maf sounded similar to what you have when i had that fail
(on a GC8)

Hope You get sorted 👍

Was the car running corectlly since it has been converted or could it be a wiring issue?

Knock sensor only gave me a slight hesitation

And maf sounded similar to what you have when i had that fail
(on a GC8)

Hope You get sorted
Knock sensor is the only code it's thrown 🤷, also tested 5 different mafs I have and all were reading correctly aswell as the AIT without any codes so it ain't that....one of those things thats gonna take time and brain power unfortunately

Right, still fucked after trying a few things I've one other idea I'm gonna try tomorrow and if that fails aswell all I can think of is the new sensor from Subaru is also faulty.......highly doubt it but it's happened to me before

Will update tomorrow for whoever is following 👍
Well fu*k me I think I got it lads, my last idea seems to have worked

Long story short I had continuity between the signal and shield wire, wasn't sure if that was suppose to be the case but I decided to run a wire from the ECU B4 knock signal (yellow) direct to the KS, I tried this before with no luck but I just bridged off of it that time instead of cutting it to completely bypass the loom. Have the diagnostics in my hand without the KS code for the first time ever 👀

What loom is in the car ? I think that’s where the issue is .
When your checking continuity are you checking 1 cable at a time as in signal wire at ks end and ecu end

What loom is in the car ? I think that’s where the issue is .
When your checking continuity are you checking 1 cable at a time as in signal wire at ks end and ecu end
Loom is direct from blobeye wrx aswell as everything else all same car, continuity checked I unplugged the KS and ran a wire from the loom side plug back to the ECU

There must be contact between the shield and signal somewhere along the loom and since the shield is grounded its messing with the reference voltage from ECU hence the low input code...codes gone anyway I ain't asking questions 😅

Loom is direct from blobeye wrx aswell as everything else all same car, continuity checked I unplugged the KS and ran a wire from the loom side plug back to the ECU

There must be contact between the shield and signal somewhere along the loom and since the shield is grounded its messing with the reference voltage from ECU hence the low input code...codes gone anyway I ain't asking questions 😅
Fairplay to you for finding it 👍👍

Back