k-sport shocks

J

joe keogh

put in a set of k- sport shocks today they seem to be the job. The kits very good but i have them set a bit too stiff at the back and need to soften them a bit (36 way adustment) only thing is i have to take the seat back out to adust them :roll: but apart from that they are a good kit :salute:

If I were you I'd get some profesional advise regareding setup! You can change a car drasticly by subtle adjustments!
ie. I'm trying for a more steer from the rear approach! So plenty of camber on the front with soft springs and a tight rear antiroll bar and harder springs at the rear!
Best of luck,
And let us know how you get on!
Dan

have it all sorted my mates a mechanic and we set it up in his garage just have to get it four wheel aligned after christmas. They are actually very easy to set up
theres a camber adjustment at the bottom of the shock, hight adjustment is not by compressing the spring as with the conventional setup you adjust the lower arm up and down till you get the hight you want, the spring hight doesnt need to be touched just tightened with the locking rings, then the damping can be adjusted from the top of the shock useing a long allen key that you get there are 36 settings from hard to soft. so once you have it 4 wheel aligned you never have to mess with them again all you need to do is adjust the allen key to make it stifferor softer but in the bug eye the top of the shock can onlly be got at by removing the seat :? i suppose there is a valve inside that adjusts the flow rate. But all in all a good set up for a 1000, cvonsidering replacements are well not cheap,was with a guy in england getting bits for the car and told him their was a knocking noise from the back and that i had done the drop links and he said that they had done loads of warenty work for subaru and that it was always the shocks a bush in the shock goes and causes the knocking noise, not a sound out of it now but a nice bit of four wheel drift might have it a bit too hard :lol: oh well

Car torque in clane 045893718 set up my race car i have the k sport full race inverted coilovers from proparts i find the great changed the car .

Ian in car torque also fits and sells the k-sport range and know his stuff and is a top bloke i would not bring my race car any were else..

Philip.

Back