Jailbroken iPhone on O2 BILLPAY?

AndyC

ISDC Club Member
Anybody running a jailbroken iPhone ON BILLPAY with O2? Any problems?

Just thinking of jailbreaking mine when its available for 4.0.2

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=26106.msg306779#msg306779 date=1282912443]
4.0.2 can be JB its tricky

[/quote]

Thanks for that. :thumbsup:

waiting for jailbreakme to come up with their update for 4.0.2

:lol: :lol: Apple really dont like the jailbreakers do they :lol: :lol:

OS 4.1 update will have the anti jailbreak in it!! so everyone be care just dont do anymore updates for now!

Mine is jailbroken Andy and I'm with o2. No issues what so ever. I'm running 4.0.1 firmware.

ah I upgraded to the 4.0.2. Was going to use jailbreakme as it seems the easiest to use but they havent got a jailbreak for 4.0.2 yet. Dont want the hassle of going back down to 4.0.1

Apologies Aaron just did a bit of research there and it appears that in the last month its been deemed legal to jailbreak so fire away with your previous post again :thumbsup:

Jailbreaking an iPod or iPhone in the United States is legal "fair use", and does not violate copyright laws defined by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. In response to a request by the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the U.S. Copyright Office explicitly recognized an exemption to the DMCA to permit jailbreaking in order to allow iPhone owners to use their phones with applications that are not available from Apple's store, and to unlock their iPhones for use with unapproved carriers.[47][48] Apple had previously filed comments opposing this exemption and indicated that they did consider jailbreaking to be a violation of copyright (and by implication prosecutable under the DMCA). Apple's request to define jailbreaking as a violation of copyright was denied as part of the 2009 DMCA rulemaking. In their ruling, the Library of Congress affirmed on July, 26, 2010 that jailbreaking is legal under U.S. copyright law.

Reposted because it was deleted without reason

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=26106.msg306801#msg306801 date=1282916370]
its not illegal - its just void your warranty!!
[/quote]

As Aaron said Its not illegal at all,

The above post should be re-edited and its content allowed

good man Brain, great attitude for a committee member :icon_rolleyes:

Any chance you can explain why my post was deleted?

Because your input was not necessary.

I've already re-edited the post I added & apologised to Aaron for editing his post in the first place & gave him permission to post again.

Fire away Phil though...don't expect any further comments from me :thumbsup:

Back