iPhone

dossie01

Petrolheads
Ive finally emerged from the dark ages and got an iPhone (3gs). Ive wanted one for a long time but would never pay the rediculous prices they were looking for them and the lenghty contracts were just too much. I switched over to my work Vodafone account and got one on Friday. Man have i been missing out, so easy to use and great features.

What about an isdc APP?? Much to it i wonder?

One of the best buys yet ( after the legacy mind you !

What would you need an app for? I'm posting this now from my iPhone. No app required :smile:

I thought a little phone symbol appeared when you post from a mobile device Steve?

Depends on the device. The forum doesn't seem to deem the iPhone as a mobile device, probably because it uses safari as it's browser.

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=25654.msg302024#msg302024 date=1281348324]
What would you need an app for? I'm posting this now from my iPhone. No app required :smile:
[/quote]

Would be good for getting more people on board dont ya think? Tis the way the world is going, apps for bloody everything. Carzone is available on the web but also has an app for fast searching etc

Still don't think it would be worth while, I'm not sure what's involved in programming an iPhone app, but I bet it's very time consumming if you don't know how, which I don't lol and apple probably charge you to list it in the store. As I said, I can browse away and post as I am now without an app.

A lot of time and effort, and most probably developer cost for very little gain....all just my opinion of course, but if it was my budget I wouldn't spend it, what are we going to get from it? }Carzone is different ,they are are business their revenue is generate by hits, this is a members club, are we really going to gain that many more users to the forum, because they see an iPhone app?
If the goal was to gain hits and new members the money would be better spent on google optimization.

very true Dagnut, was just an idea.

Either way the iPhone is brill, havmnt put it down since i got it

[quote author=dossie01 link=topic=25654.msg302047#msg302047 date=1281351632]
very true Dagnut, was just an idea.

Either way the iPhone is brill, havmnt put it down since i got it
[/quote]

and why didnt u get the iphone 4 so?

gaffer wouldnt fork out for the iPhone 4, vodafone wanted 400 quid for one, got the 3gs for 150

battery is sh*t, i have 4 chargers, one in the car, one in the office, one at home and one in her house! just short of being connected to the national grid to keep her goin!

[quote author=dossie01 link=topic=25654.msg302058#msg302058 date=1281352893]
gaffer wouldnt fork out for the iPhone 4, vodafone wanted 400 quid for one, got the 3gs for 150

battery is sh*t, i have 4 chargers, one in the car, one in the office, one at home and one in her house! just short of being connected to the national grid to keep her goin!
[/quote]

tight git! tell him it would have increased your productivity ten fold! Ye most of these smart phones last a day max, sure its not that often you are away from a charger for more than 24 hours anyway

Fair play gettin one of them out of the gaffer.....

Would tend to agree with Dagnut and HIWd about the owl app status tho....
use my ipod on a daily basis to browse and post on the forum here, Never an issue.......

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=25654.msg302040#msg302040 date=1281350289]
i could look into making one for Android? :thumbsup:
[/quote]

this would be great for my sonyericsson xperia10 cos the screen is tiny and if all the important bits were condenced it would be far handier to use :1poke:

[/quote]

Go on then Dan, that would be class, fair play man. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

P.S Android FTW!!!!

[quote author=Scouserlad2007 link=topic=25654.msg302340#msg302340 date=1281396442]
[/quote]

Go on then Dan, that would be class, fair play man. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

P.S Android FTW!!!!
[/quote]

I can look into the development software and see how much work would be involved. might be easy enough to get working or could take 622 man hours!

Back