Introduce myself!

Nice type R. Is the bonnet carbon or just black?

(a bit of editing on the sun stripe, someone you dont want to advertise? :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=7646.msg91118#msg91118 date=1213021744]
Welcome to the club man! :thumbsup: :subaru:

By the way you won't need a new ECU just get the one you have Re-mapped! ;)

[/quote]

Even if it's just the bog standard one that came with the car?

[quote author=STi Type R link=topic=7646.msg92097#msg92097 date=1213307968]
[quote author=ericsti link=topic=7646.msg91118#msg91118 date=1213021744]
Welcome to the club man! :thumbsup: :subaru:

By the way you won't need a new ECU just get the one you have Re-mapped! ;)

[/quote]

Even if it's just the bog standard one that came with the car?
[/quote]

You can Ecutek the Original one aright PM Davelegacy (STi Tuning) or Renno (Street Proformance) for more info! Their both approved trader on the site!

Check out these links for more info!

http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=7715.0

http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=6943.0

Hi ericsti

When you say I can Ecutek the original does that mean piggyback onto it or something like that? (Without going into too much detail in this thread!)

I assume I cannot directly remap the original?

No you cann't as it's coded!

You buy the codes for the ECU to put it simply and the can then unlock it and Change what is need to be changed!

The two lads can fill you in on all methods of Mapping! I have only ever gotten 1 car Mapped and I used an after market ECU from Apexi which was grand but I lost all the safety of the original!

I'd go for ecutek but if your after an Ecu simtek would be the way to go I think! But as I said the two lads will point you in the right direction!

Don't hesitate to ask if I can answer anything else but I'm limited when it comes to this!

I'll pm them and tell them about this tread as you cann't yet as your not a full member! Best €50 you'll ever spend by the way!

Hi your STI looks like a 98 V4 so Ecutek not available for this model. Only v5 on.

Apexi or Simtek available for your car.

im sure predator motorsport....ie.paul over the road from you will sort you with an ecu.

isnt he doing simtek maps now aswell?

why did you blank his sunstrip off the 1st pic :ponder:

He already is sorting me out, as you will see from my first post. Sound lad too, getting it in a few weeks. It's a late 97.

Same reason as I blanked the number plate. Waste of time now after your post. :wall:

welcome along any help or advice u need u will get it everyone is sound on this i knw tis because ive pestered them enuf times for advice and all bein good advice :subaru: :subaru: :D :D

Back