Insurance

Hi , now the girl from auto line just rang me back to clarify everything for me ! They did insure cars of 15 years as a classic but as of from the 1st of Jan this year they have upped it to 20 years plus a 5% price increase on all policies , so anyone who has a policy with them at the moment expect an increase when you get your next quote !

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I got insured in an 04 sti with Autoline on the 1st of Feb this year

I'm with AXA now and have a full no claims bonus , they don't insure them as classic cars anymore and they won't quote me on a blob because I can't use no claims twice

Surprised at that. Was previously insured with AXA when I had two cars on the road. They are one of the only companies in Ireland who will "mirror" a policy... so with other words they will give you the NCB from policy one and allow you to take out a 2nd policy with them and apply the same NCB to the 2nd policy. You do have to go to them directly in the branch for that (so not through a broker or and not available with AXA direct online... only in branch).

Surprised at that. Was previously insured with AXA when I had two cars on the road. They are one of the only companies in Ireland who will "mirror" a policy... so with other words they will give you the NCB from policy one and allow you to take out a 2nd policy with them and apply the same NCB to the 2nd policy. You do have to go to them directly in the branch for that (so not through a broker or and not available with AXA direct online... only in branch).
I rang them direct , maybe they just don't like me [emoji23]

Must be an irish or English car and not a JDM?
I didn't even get that far with AXA , they asked what type of car it was and they said no ! I'm 40 with full no claims , they said I can't use my no claims on 2 policys , I would have to take out a new 1 and you need 5 years for an impreza

Not sure why they wouldn't give you the policy mirror from AXA.
Maybe go back to a branch and specifically ask for them to give you a mirrored policy for a 2nd car - and push for a specific answer if they push back on it?

--> Also, as a plan B... are you named on anyone's policy for any length (spouse, partner, parent, sibling etc)? My brother got out of a hole there in September because he was named on my mum's policy for a couple of years (they once put him on for a few weeks to help him out and forgot to take him off)... He was able to get a letter of NCB as a named driver... which typically counts 50% (so every 2 years as a named driver gives you 1 full year NCB). Made thousands of a difference on his quote as suddenly meant he had 7 years claim free as a named driver. You could if needed then put your Impreza on your main policy (to meet 5 years NCB if not enough via named driver) and put Volvo on the "dearer" policy with less NCB.

Anyhows... Good luck with it.

Not sure why they wouldn't give you the policy mirror from AXA.
Maybe go back to a branch and specifically ask for them to give you a mirrored policy for a 2nd car - and push for a specific answer if they push back on it?

--> Also, as a plan B... are you named on anyone's policy for any length (spouse, partner, parent, sibling etc)? My brother got out of a hole there in September because he was named on my mum's policy for a couple of years (they once put him on for a few weeks to help him out and forgot to take him off)... He was able to get a letter of NCB as a named driver... which typically counts 50% (so every 2 years as a named driver gives you 1 full year NCB). Made thousands of a difference on his quote as suddenly meant he had 7 years claim free as a named driver. You could if needed then put your Impreza on your main policy (to meet 5 years NCB if not enough via named driver) and put Volvo on the "dearer" policy with less NCB.

Anyhows... Good luck with it.
Ah now that's the sort of plan I've been looking for . I'm named on my missus car the last 11 years and full no claims all that time ! I'll give that idea a bash this week when I can get in to my local branch ! Thanks for all the advice lads .

Back