Insurance

brian79

Sunday Drivers
Hi lads , just looking for some advice ! I'm nearly ready to get another Subaru , I was going to go for a classic as I can insure it as a classic car fairly cheap , as you well know there aren't many for sale that aren't huge money and I don't have huge money to buy 1 . So I'm thinking maybe a blob type UK to give me more choice .

Here's my problem , I have a Volvo that I drive daily and want to keep as I just want the Subaru as a toy for weekends , I'm with AXA now and have a full no claims bonus , they don't insure them as classic cars anymore and they won't quote me on a blob because I can't use no claims twice and therefore I would just be starting from scratch and you need at least 5 years for a quote .

Is anyone else doing the same thing ? And who do you use / recommend?

Any advise will be most grateful .

Cheers , Brian !

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hiya. Insurance is a nightmare at the best of times. Add a Subaru to the mix and it becomes a full time job. I got a blob too and it was the same. Mines my only car[emoji28]

If you're thinking of using it as a weekend car with limited mileage, check Autoline as they have insured a few friends of mine second car. Once you have a primary car on a policy, they seem to be decent to deal with. How old is the blob you thinking of getting? The 04 blobs are now 15 years old.

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

Hiya. Insurance is a nightmare at the best of times. Add a Subaru to the mix and it becomes a full time job. I got a blob too and it was the same. Mines my only car[emoji28]

If you're thinking of using it as a weekend car with limited mileage, check Autoline as they have insured a few friends of mine second car. Once you have a primary car on a policy, they seem to be decent to deal with. How old is the blob you thinking of getting? The 04 blobs are now 15 years old.

#hmblwgn
I was on to them this morning and they won't do it down South unless it's a classic car !

I was on to them this morning and they won't do it down South unless it's a classic car !

Oh, that's new. Did they define age of classic car as a good few people I know are insured with them on cars that are not 30 years old.

#hmblwgn

Oh, that's new. Did they define age of classic car as a good few people I know are insured with them on cars that are not 30 years old.

#hmblwgn
Yea 20 years old , so 98 for sure and 99 depending on the month of registration , they were very helpful in fairness. Seems insurance company's just don't want Subaru on their list at all anymore

Yea 20 years old , so 98 for sure and 99 depending on the month of registration , they were very helpful in fairness. Seems insurance company's just don't want Subaru on their list at all anymore

Selling a 1998 impreza type r if you have any interest, currently insured with autoline on classic insurance for 230 euro fully comp. All mods declared????????

This must be a new thing as I'm pretty sure others have cars just around 15 years or slightly over insured with them [emoji848]

#hmblwgn

Selling a 1998 impreza type r if you have any interest, currently insured with autoline on classic insurance for 230 euro fully comp. All mods declared[emoji16][emoji106]
For sure if it's within my budget !

It?s a super car with all the work done to it. Being on a good few days out with Kerian fine car and great sound out of it it?s served him well no slouch save buying a cheaper unknown car that?s needs work and ends up costing more than planned I was talking to you at Terenure car show.

On the other thing I have two cars and a van for work so I had to put one car in wife?s name and I went as a named driver on that the only way cause I couldn?t do it because can?t have three vehicles in one name before I used to have a mirror policy when I had two hope this helps maybe a broker who deals with an underwriter might help that?s what I do as I don?t have time for ringing back and forward

It?s a super car with all the work done to it. Being on a good few days out with Kerian fine car and great sound out of it it?s served him well no slouch save buying a cheaper unknown car that?s needs work and ends up costing more than planned I was talking to you at Terenure car show.

On the other thing I have two cars and a van for work so I had to put one car in wife?s name and I went as a named driver on that the only way cause I couldn?t do it because can?t have three vehicles in one name before I used to have a mirror policy when I had two hope this helps maybe a broker who deals with an underwriter might help that?s what I do as I don?t have time for ringing back and forward
Ah cheers Gary , I'll try milk my budget as much as I can , this stupid wedding seems to be more important [emoji849]

Any names of good brokers ?

Hi Brian, Just posted advert in the for sale section on here , 11 k asking price, pm me if you have any questions and I'll give you my mobile, cheers????

Ah cheers Gary , I'll try milk my budget as much as I can , this stupid wedding seems to be more important [emoji849]

Any names of good brokers ?

Hey I am married you?ll get better value for money out of Subaru [emoji23][emoji23] save on wedding car turn up in a Subaru that you buy [emoji51]
All joking aside best of luck I am 10 years married last year time fly?s.
On broker I use insure my car they usually do there best

Hi Brian, Just posted advert in the for sale section on here , 11 k asking price, pm me if you have any questions and I'll give you my mobile, cheers[emoji106]
Hi , just had a look there , that's a really nice car ! Unfortunately for me it's out of my range and it's reasonably priced for all that work . Can't imagine you'll be long selling it

Hi , just had a look there , that's a really nice car ! Unfortunately for me it's out of my range and it's reasonably priced for all that work . Can't imagine you'll be long selling it

No worries, best of luck yourself????

This must be a new thing as I'm pretty sure others have cars just around 15 years or slightly over insured with them [emoji848]

#hmblwgn
Hi , now the girl from auto line just rang me back to clarify everything for me ! They did insure cars of 15 years as a classic but as of from the 1st of Jan this year they have upped it to 20 years plus a 5% price increase on all policies , so anyone who has a policy with them at the moment expect an increase when you get your next quote !

Hi , now the girl from auto line just rang me back to clarify everything for me ! They did insure cars of 15 years as a classic but as of from the 1st of Jan this year they have upped it to 20 years plus a 5% price increase on all policies , so anyone who has a policy with them at the moment expect an increase when you get your next quote !

Ah, I thought so. I should prob tell the lads I know who are with them about this
:icon_sad:

to be fair even with 5% increas their qoutes are miles away better than anything you would get down here

when I was insuring mine I was feeling happy if I could get it under 1k with full ncb and over 40 :facepalm:

Hi Lads,
I have my insurance with Britton in Galway. I originally got mine with Campion insurances with 0 no claims but had to move along!
Also got a reasonable quote (900) from AIB car insurance so it might be worth a shot!
I couldn't get weekend cover or limited mileage cover so these were my best options.
Best of luck.

Back