Information required on 2006 Spec C

Hey Michael drop damien (Renno) a mail,
he can give you prices for Andy F and also supply
Knock links etc............

Niall.

Hello Niall,

Was speaking to Damo, he has arranged Andy F for my car in Jan. Will be meeting him this week for Octane booster.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You should get Andy Forrest to enable the launch control function of your car's Denso ECU! Also you might consider fitting a twin scroll down pipe before the remap as your car has the twin scroll turbo. It's better to get the mods done now as you'll only be kicking yourself afterwards.

Frawls

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=949.msg7855#msg7855 date=1165257097]
You should get Andy Forrest to enable the launch control function of your car's Denso ECU! Also you might consider fitting a twin scroll down pipe before the remap as your car has the twin scroll turbo. It's better to get the mods done now as you'll only be kicking yourself afterwards.

Frawls
[/quote]

Hello Frawls,
Very new to this ecu remapping, how is the lauch control function enabled on the car? How do you operate it? In relation to the tiwn scroll down pipe what would a kit consist of (apart from a down pipe) & how long would it take to fit?  :ponder: :ponder:

[quote author=Michael Spec C link=topic=949.msg7903#msg7903 date=1165302401]
[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=949.msg7855#msg7855 date=1165257097]

Frawls
[/quote]

Hello Frawls,
Very new to this ecu remapping, how is the lauch control function enabled on the car? How do you operate it? In relation to the tiwn scroll down pipe what would a kit consist of (apart from a down pipe) & how long would it take to fit?  :ponder: :ponder:

[/quote]

Frawls I think your talking about gear dependant boost control rather then launch control, Which is a function on the Denso ECU and Andy will set it up that way for Micheal.

Micheal ill send you picture of Twin Scroll downpipe later. It might be worth considering a high flow CAT one as a full decat can be very loud. High flow CAT isent as loud and can pass NCT but if noise isent any issue then full de cat is the way.

Damien I was talking about Launch Control not gear dependent boost control. MY 05 onwards have it. The ECU has a launch control option that Andy can enable. Andy and I had a good chat about it before. It works by pressing the throttle to the floor and the clutch at the same time. The ecu does the rest when you release the clutch. Its not somethinb I would be interested in as its too tempting to keep using it on a regular basis and eventually the clutch will give out.

The twin scroll down pipe would take about 2 hours to fit by someone who knows what they're doing or a whole day if you take it to a main dealer! For the Spec the sports cat is probably the way to go along with retaining the resonator as the spec is supposed to be ear splitting with a full decat system.

Frawls

Hey Frawls, Sounds good. Ive been speaking to someone else who was saying about the launch control aswell so ill have a chat with Andy and get all the details. Sounds good.

shell super is 97 ron, bp ultimate is 97 ron, shell super + is 99 ron and all are available up Nooooooooorth, if anyone wants locations of these drop me a line............

Back