Info on the ring!!

Cill

Middle Lane Hogs
Hi all,

I was reading the Sept Redline mag yesterday ( :icon_rolleyes: I know, I know, you should stop reading them when you're 14 but my mate bought it and the cover caught my eye, so :hjtwofinger: ) and they have a brilliant section on the Nueremburg Ring, talks about each corner, history and bric-a-brac to buy.

They even have a big poster with corners and racing line detailed out, it looks the business and I'll be buying a copy.

Just thought I let you all know in case anyone has any interest in it :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Cill

PS - There is also a pretty sweet pic of Dan;s forester in the Scooby shoot out section, nice plug for STI Tuning on it too

Good spot, Cill. I bought this thinking I must go visit the 'Ring and then saw those pics of that poor hoor in the Audi. I think I'll stick with the playstation version, couldn't bear to see my car smashed like that. Good guide in fairness to them and respect to Dan for flying the ISDC flag

Cheers doggy,

I would always like to visit it myself but seeing that would make you think twice about bringing your pride and joy over :doh:
Think we would be better off getting a rental!

The M5 taxis look aminal too, I had no idea they did that :icon_headbang:

its agood feature alright was there that weekend thats was my secound trip goin again in april 2009 dont be afraid of the ring its the best crack you could have in a car biggest problem with lads like the audi driver is they over estimate their driving skills and under estimate the ring.anyone i know who has gone and drove within their skill level has had a ball :subaru: :subaru:after why do we buy scoobies if we are not goin to have fun in them

Hi Dec,

great to hear of someone on the forum who has been over :thumbsup:

Fair balls :subaru:

Woudl love to know how you went about it and what sort of costs are involved??

Let us know

Cheers,

Cill

these are rough figures but your lookin at
400 e for the boat that is a car two passengers cabin over and back
200-250 for accomadation
21 e a lap on the ring but cheaper if you buy in bulk ,so if you intend doin 12 laps buy them at the same time it goes down to 15 or 16 a lap
the big cost is fuel about 600 e - 800e depending on how heavy your foot is
also if you bring a passenger and split the cost and driving it makes for a great holiday. its 3000 kms round trip including laps roughly
and we usualy go wednesday to wednesday in april depending on track calender

my self , noel scally, steven culleton,we are goin in april so all welcome, take the price of boat as deposit in early feb and then you have just get spends buy the time we go .would be the ultimate club road trip :subaru: :subaru:

:thumbsup:
thats not bad at all considering mondello would cost me between eveything 600+euro and thats not including a place to stay, that i can get for free. :icon_grin:

pete will we go. :ponder2:

just got the redline mag there to see what they say,looks great,ive been dying to go over the last few years so hopefully head over next year,

wagon dec,are yous defo going over in april as i would be up for it

say your at the track and you buy your lap/laps, can you go out when you want or have you to line up for it.
how many laps were ye doing in a day and how many days did ye go there.

AS FAR AS I KNOW THE LAPS ARE VALID FOR SIX MONTHS, YOU USE THEM ANY TIME THE OPEN DAYS (TOURIST FAHTREN) ARE ON .WE ARE DEFENITELY GOIN IN APRIL 2009 AS I SAID WE USUALY GET THE PRICE OF THE BOAT FROM ANYONE WHO IS GOIN AS A DEPOSIT JUST TO HAVE ACCURATE NO.S LOTS OF LADS SAY THEY WILL GO UNTIL THE TIME THATS THE REASON WE PAY FOR THE BOAT IN FEB. THEN YOU JUST NEED SPENDIN MONEY WHEN WE GO SO ITS NOT TO BAD

ya just been pricing a trip over.
im still trying to workout a few things and see how much it would cost me.
such as
how many laps were ye putting in a day?
do ye track everyday?
what hotel were ye staying in and had it safe parking?
how long is the drive over?

will be there at easter too. would recomend the dorint hotel. 4 star yet cheap enough and right on the track. secure underground carpark aswell.

hi dohc turbo, our itenary is usually leave wednesday eve to get the 11.15pm boat to cherbourg it arrives at 17.30 on the thursday,group outside the port to set up navs then hit the road to rouen france stop for the night usually 3hrs to3.5hrs drive.accomadation is ibis hotel cheap but decent bout 60-70 per room per night,up for 7am on the road for 8am drive the ring with fuel stops we usually arrive at ease for 1pm- 2pm check in to hotel an der nordscheilfe we usually get ahouse off the guy there at 40e per head per night the houses are very good, garage space for bout ten cars with a pit in one of the garages for repairs or checks if needed,then up to the ring for 5.30 it usually opens friday eve until 7.30 so lads who havent been can do a few recce laps to get an idea of the place , then sat depending on the track opening time we do 5 or 6 laps then sun it usually opens from 8am til 7.30 pm so we do 10 to12 laps it all depends on what feel comfortable doin do as many or as little as you want . mon is a quick day to relax track opens like fri 5.30 -7.30 next morn then head back to the boat its fair spin but boat does not leave for home til 9.30pm so we have all day then get boat and arrive in rosslare for 1.30pm wednesday big trip but definitely well worth it :subaru: :subaru:

Back