Info/experience with these body repair shops

justingc8

Petrolheads
Hi all, im going getting my gc8 impreza resprayed his year( glass out)( mech work alsi planned) Ive been planning it a while and ive come across 2 companies that ive seen strip and respray imprezas. Rh auto repairs in donegal and roddy repairs in louth. There work looks good but just looking to see if anyone has dealt with them, maybe it was someone on heres subarus i seen. Any advise or info appreciated.
Thanks justin

G&P Crash Repairs Galway. Those guys care so much and only produce top work. Big Ford collector and sprayed all my bits. Authorized dealer repair shop for insurance companies also so no messing.

Loads of places doing it . Best advice I’d see cars that the garage has done and talk to the owners and it will give you a good idea 👍

Hi all, im going getting my gc8 impreza resprayed his year( glass out)( mech work alsi planned) Ive been planning it a while and ive come across 2 companies that ive seen strip and respray imprezas. Rh auto repairs in donegal and roddy repairs in louth. There work looks good but just looking to see if anyone has dealt with them, maybe it was someone on heres subarus i seen. Any advise or info appreciated.
Thanks justin
RH Auto repairs recently painted the bootlid on my Impreza. I couldn't fault his painting . I only painted the top of the bootlid and the paint match was perfect. Quick turn around I had the bootlid back the following day.

How's it going.
I don't want to upset anyone, but 4or 5 grand won't get you a ", proper" Paint job done.
You will however get a Respray done for this kind of money....and could end up with a lot of issues after 6 months,sinkage, mapping etc.
6k is average price to get Respray done in a professional body shop, who don't have the time to put the manhours required to do a "proper" job.
Depending on the car(damaged panels etc)
And exactly how in depth you would like to go you could spend 12k and up to have it done properly.

How's it going.
I don't want to upset anyone, but 4or 5 grand won't get you a ", proper" Paint job done.
You will however get a Respray done for this kind of money....and could end up with a lot of issues after 6 months,sinkage, mapping etc.
6k is average price to get Respray done in a professional body shop, who don't have the time to put the manhours required to do a "proper" job.
Depending on the car(damaged panels etc)
And exactly how in depth you would like to go you could spend 12k and up to have it done properly.
Ha no upsetting here, good to hear honest comments. There is afew dents and that that need doing also so i was expecting price to go up reflecting that work. Im heading out to 1 place next week to talk to them about the job and look at there work, see how it goes

Be prepared to not see your car again for 12+ months. These body shop guys promise you the sun moon and stars but will always ALWAYS prioritise profitable insurance jobs over a full respray that takes time, staff and resources for little profit.

My car is in a bodyshop since last October and they haven't even started on it.

Not sure if you have a 2 door or 4 door or Jap import but if its a 2 door the rear side windows cannot be sourced anymore new and there is a high chance they will shatter when being removed. Also if its a Jap import it will probably have a rear window wiper. Those rear windows with wiper also cannot be sourced anymore new so if it breaks while being removed (again very high chance) you'll have to replace it with a regular euro/uk window with no wiper. Something to think about anyway. I wanted glass out too but have since decided against it.

Last edited:
Be prepared to not see your car again for 12+ months. These body shop guys promise you the sun moon and stars but will always ALWAYS prioritise profitable insurance jobs over a full respray that takes time, staff and resources for little profit.

My car is in a bodyshop since last October and they haven't even started on it.

Not sure if you have a 2 door or 4 door or Jap import but if its a 2 door the rear side windows cannot be sourced anymore new and there is a high chance they will shatter when being removed. Also if its a Jap import it will probably have a rear window wiper. Those rear windows with wiper also cannot be sourced anymore new so if it breaks while being removed (again very high chance) you'll have to replace it with a regular euro/uk window with no wiper. Something to think about anyway. I wanted glass out too but have since decided against it.
Im is a 4 door jap. Issues with removing the rear glass is something ive thought about. Replaced the front afew years ago, that was a pain so expecting the rear too be worse but didnt think getting glass would be impossible😔. Having the car gone for a long period doesnt really bother me once the work is done right and not rushed, but sounds like some places just taking the piss. Whats the name of the place your car is in, so i can avoid them😄

Im is a 4 door jap. Issues with removing the rear glass is something ive thought about. Replaced the front afew years ago, that was a pain so expecting the rear too be worse but didnt think getting glass would be impossible😔.
Have as much out of the car yourself. Saves time and cash. Including all glass

justingc8

I'll PM you rather than mentioning names publicly.

****edit****
I don't seem to have the option to send a PM or I just can't see it.

I'm not a full member so its not an option for me.

Should be a envelope up the top there Andy
You don't need to be a Full Member to send a message for a few years now
So You should have the facility unless there is a issue with the forum 👍

I sent You a test message there see if You get it

Screenshot_20220531_133809_com.android.chrome.jpg

Unless you are doing bare metal shell or have a rust repair or damage etc, you won’t have to remove the glass on a classic, remove the trims and there is plenty of room in beside glass to finish off your base coat and Laquer.
i have never had great success with painters, it’s hit and miss… I’ve seen them turn out savage work and then the next car could be sh*t.. and you will be back over and over to get it sorted, I’ve had prices quoted from 4-7k, and I’ve seen cheaper jobs end up better than more expensive ones… at this point I’ve ruled out buying cars that need paint. One car here to paint myself for the last 3 years trying to find the right person

I have a few rear wiper screens spare they are handy enough removed as glass is toughened and takes some abuse unlike the front screen
Remove every thing if your gonna spend alot doing a respray it's amazing the stuff you will find hidden
I'm midway through my v1 sti paint and there's a savage amount of work involved

Back