Impreza 22B That America Still Can't Import Goes For $370,000

Brilliant car but Such a waste sitting up for 22 year and not being driven. How do you look into the shed and see it and not take it for a blast is beyond me .

I just cant understand this, 200 odd miles in 22 years, obviously just a collector and not a car enthusiast

I don't think the headline is correct as there is a few in the US, they get special status for importing as a 'unique car' or something like that i believe.

To say it is a waiste or whatever , i dont get it.
None of us know what else this guy has in his collection or drives as his daily.
I would doubt thats all he has.
What a great example , and yes that can be exported to the usa before the 25 year rule

For what Minding it for the next guy purely to make money I guess if that what you into but Is it worth 2-3 time the price of a normal 22b I doubt it .
but I?m sure it will appeal to someone with deep pockets Who will buy it and park it for another 10 years and make another few quid

In 1998 i doubt it was bought as a investment , its only in last 4 years they passed the price that they were new.
Im sure the owner had many toys

Its a rich mans game now , if your loaded its a cool toy to have.
If you have couple of million in the bank whats 300k on a toy , its not joe soap working on the site getting a credit union load on the sly from the wife buying that stuff now.

In 1998 i doubt it was bought as a investment , its only in last 4 years they passed the price that they were new.
Im sure the owner had many toys

Its a rich mans game now , if your loaded its a cool toy to have.
If you have couple of million in the bank whats 300k on a toy , its not joe soap working on the site getting a credit union load on the sly from the wife buying that stuff now.

I agree, but isnt it the point that you play with a toy not just look at it ,????

I don't think the headline is correct as there is a few in the US, they get special status for importing as a 'unique car' or something like that i believe.
you can import certain cars as show and display models but you can't drive them on the road until they're 25 years old...midnight purple r34 gtr and r34 gtr bayside blue v spec II nur are a few recent ones...the 22b falls into this category aswell....

If i remember right you can actually drive the car up to two thousand kilometres a year or something like that but most owners just trailer them to car shows as the cops know they're stuff and you could face getting your car towed and crushed if they find any discrepancies

If i remember right you can actually drive the car up to two thousand kilometres a year or something like that but most owners just trailer them to car shows as the cops know they're stuff and you could face getting your car towed and crushed if they find any discrepancies

Of course they did, crazy yanks... I remember reading an article ages ago where some guy in the states had 2 (or maybe it was just one?) of the R33 Skylines from the first F&F movie and the cops just took and crushed them :facepalm:

Maybe he got savage use out, slapped in a set of coilovers and 2 bucket seats.... and clocked it before every test ????

Back