Impreza 1.5 help

ScoobyGirl

Sunday Drivers
How to make 1.5 impreza GD faster?
ac49cb2f040bdeee8ca63d72eabb361b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Couple of options:
1. Save your money and when ready/insurance allows, get a Wrx/Sti as the gains on the na 1.5 will be minimal imho
2. Lose the weight in the car. If you can live with a stripped interior, loss of spare tyre and added cabin noise, that will help make it feel faster.
3. Do suspension work, brakes and better tyres. That's if you drive backroads and track days. For highway pulls, it will be of minimal use.

Hope I don't sound too defeatist, but comparing what power upgrades you can get from a wrx/sti, the na 1.5 will still be slow even if you poured a considerable amount of time and money into it. Personally if it was me, I'd save the money and wait till you can run a wrx/Sti. It's well worth it [emoji4]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

I'd hate to say it but Hassen is right.
I think with a 1.5 naturally aspirated car, your best bet is to get it to be quick rather than fast. By this I mean to create the illusion.
For example, an air filter and exhaust will not add a whole lot of bhp but will add a little throttle response, maybe an extra few ponies but I would say probably 5-8...complete guess there tho. Nothing you'd notice, it would feel a little more responsive and less restricted with a freed up intake and exhaust tho.
On top of that, as said above, get it handling correctly, springs, stronger bushes or something and you can travel faster for longer if that makes sense.

Sorry but it won't ever be fast, you can make it a little more agile tho. That's the route I'd take.
Buddy of mine had a 1.4 Astra years back, coilovers, brakes, plenty handling mods. He'd have frightened anyone in that car.

Id love to get wrx sti but the insurance wont quote me at all.. no matter what id say.

At the end of the day it is what it is , it?s a 1.5 and a heavy car, id tend to disagree with the suggested air filter and exhaust as they are 2 things that will do nothing but make noise unless that?s what you want.
Just drive it, enjoy it save your money .

Id love to get wrx sti but the insurance wont quote me at all.. no matter what id say.

How old are you, do you have a full Irish license and how many years no claim bonus do you have?

A wrx blob/hawk might be possible as it's slightly younger and you have been driving a Subaru for a while now. Expect the quote to be high though [emoji17]

#hmblwgn

3 yrs ncb, 4 years drivin exp with 3 yrs full license... [emoji24] 22 yrs old

The weird thing is, for you a 2.0 non asperated engine is easier for a quote than a 1.5 ..... insurance prefer 2.0 in the impreza ....they don't like 1.5 ..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

The weird thing is, for you a 2.0 non asperated engine is easier for a quote than a 1.5 ..... insurance prefer 2.0 in the impreza ....they don't like 1.5 ..

Its easier for my to get insured on 1.5 than anything thats 2.0 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

3 yrs ncb, 4 years drivin exp with 3 yrs full license... [emoji24] 22 yrs old

I think sadly its your age that's playing against you. I really sucks as I been there before myself [emoji17]

Bobcat made a good point as Kayla has the 2L na Hatch that she got insured on. Well worth considering as it's a newer car and still fun to drive. Worth having a chat with her at the next meet[emoji1417]

#hmblwgn

Kayla 555 got insured on 2.0 impreza and the 1.5 was outlandish
Thats a fact[emoji106]

I think sadly its your age that's playing against you. I really sucks as I been there before myself [emoji17]

Bobcat made a good point as Kayla has the 2L na Hatch that she got insured on. Well worth considering as it's a newer car and still fun to drive. Worth having a chat with her at the next meet[emoji1417]

#hmblwgn
Thank you for all your help. Tho my insurance company said i have to be 32 to get insured on wrx hahaha

at 22 you are about 8 years away of getting decent quotation on wrx/sti. use them to collect ncb and some extra cash. you will need both :icon_grin:

If u pm her she will fill u in [emoji106]
She is same age (21)and wrx is next

Last edited:
Back