Importing from Japan

Ronan Glennon

Sunday Drivers
Hey,

looking to buy my first impreza hopefully a 97/98 sti all depending on price of course. Ive ben looking up the usuals such as autotrader and carzone but have nt found what im looking for yet!!!

any tips on importing a scooby from japland?

Ive been looking at some sites ( japaneseusedcars, dolphin international etc) but not sure if its worth the effort or risk?

would i be better buying a uk spec impreza or one that someone else has imported

Have a look in the for sale section in here some very nice well looked after cars there. :thumbsup:
P.S. Welcome :D

Hello Ronan,

I have not had any issues with the couple of cars I have bought from Japan :thumbsup:

If you are going to import, get the car in imported and registered before July, before the tax & VRT laws change :thumbsup:

If you have a specific spec and budget send me a PM & I will try to help you out :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael
PS I'm not a car dealer...... but if you are buying a Scooby.... I'd like to help :subaru:

Reason for edit: Bad Grammer....

Id buy a good used one off the site here or import yourself rather than pay more for a fresh import from a garage here.
You rarely get a warrenty so unless you bring a good subaru mechanic or somebody with a lot of experience with subaru's, you could end up buying expensive problems with no come back.
Other lads here will be able to help you out more but i bought my 98 Sti as a fresh import from a garage here, paid top whack and wish id have bought from japan and saved a few grand.
:thumbsup: :subaru:

There you go! lads falling over themselves to help you!
The safest option is to buy off one of the lads on this site as any scooby on here will have been looked after, (And that's very important with scoobies)
But if you do decide to import straight from japland just be prepared to have to replace an engine or gearbox whan she lands here!
You could be lucky and get a nice cheap minter!
Best of luck whatever you do! :thumbsup:
Dan

yeah great response to the post!! much appreciated lads :thumbsup
only just joined the club but really liking it, loads of lads with the know how and not shy to pass it on!!

Back