Idle Problem?

Did you try this.

[quote author=johnny99 link=topic=11958.msg145877#msg145877 date=1232324821]
Clean the throttle body and the idle control valve before you spend any money.

John

[/quote]

Get an Idle control valve gasket (only €5 - €10) if your going at it cause the gasket could be in sh1t and it might not go back together

i had similar problem. check if you can adjust the throtle cable. my car was dropping the revs and sometimes even cutting off

Havin' a similar problem myself. Had a diagnostic / emissions test done yesterday and all is well there. I'm replacing the ht leads next week , and i might do as Johnny suggests and clean idle control valve / throttle body.........like you the car is more than drivable but it's annoying when you know something's just not right.. :wall: ............let us know how you get on.......... :thumbsup:

Definetly think this is the Cat in the exhaust now as there is a rattle from it!emmisions test monday!!
have'nt got a chance to clean the idle control valve / throttle body yet!

Just make sure you have a new gasket on standby if you do......small money but big hassle to be half way in and then have to go get one to finish up......good luck on monday :smile:

Do not touch the throttle stop unless you really know what your at. The cable should never need adjustment

John

[quote author=mjrc link=topic=11958.msg149873#msg149873 date=1233251761]
i had similar problem. check if you can adjust the throtle cable. my car was dropping the revs and sometimes even cutting off
[/quote]

Lads maybe Johnny99 or Davelegacy could explain this one better
but i have often in the past got a diagnostic done on the car , showing no faults,
yet the car was running poor due to a O2 sensor that needed to be changed or a MAF that was
starting to go .

Maybe this is an isolated prob ...... but i reckon the diagnostic will only show a fault if the
sensor is broken and not if it's on the way out ????????

Niall.

Back