Ibiza cupra type-R

Paddy scooby

Middle Lane Hogs
Lads, Im on the way to work this morning, and just for a treat in this grey dull weather I took the Scooby, so here i was going down the road and a seat ibiza cupra type-r passed me out doin 60. So i decided to follow him up ( very boyish) and im not joking or messing i passed him out :subaru:but not at great speed!! :ponder: im not joking it was a seriously quick car! Ive raced some evos that this car would have beatin no problem!! Checked out the spec of them, they are 1.8 20 valve turbos! jesus all i know is that was quick. Did anyone else run into one of them ( not literially!)

Seat are making some beautiful fast cars these days, if i had to buy a front wheel drive yoke that would be the one, or a focus RS maybe

its the aul power to weight issue...plus a fwd will put a higher precentage of the power to the wheels less transmission losses..where it matters..i could just about keep up with a wrx in my old VZR if i was at the right revs etc...170bhp per tonne in the wrx and 163 in the pulsar..but torque wise i would be left for dead..lets say both cars pulling from 3k in 4th he would be miles ahead

I absolutly agree, well i tell you when we got up to the tonne he didnt have the legs to keep up but i tell ya it just gave me an eye opener! Good laugh in the morning but the scooby doo got the better in the end!!

[quote author=Paddy scooby link=topic=4325.msg45790#msg45790 date=1195120736]
I absolutly agree, well i tell you when we got up to the tonne he didnt have the legs to keep up but i tell ya it just gave me an eye opener! Good laugh in the morning but the scooby doo got the better in the end!!
[/quote]

weight becomes less of an issue when you get to higher speeds...you should see the b4 move from 120kpmh..

aerodynamics come in to play biiig time at high speeds. you need torque in a car thats not very sleek in design, the car will just lose the battle against air friction without loads of torque

aye but most normal road cars would have in and around the same drag co efficent...the big wing on an impreza would reduce your top speed but

defo, when i put the Sti spoiler on my car, i felt a large drop in the top end

I had one of those Opel Meriva 1.6 Turbos baiting me the other night. Tootling along at 45/50 km/h when there was no room to pass and then flooring it as soon as a straight came along... oh what fun! Well I had enough after the fourth occasion of this happening (I had a gig to get to dammit!). Anyway, I took the bait the fifth time he floored it... and so did I... I left him for dead.

I felt like a bit of a tit after as it was so easy... Why aren't there any Ibiza Cupra Type Rs around my way???

My worst one was at mondello!
I was driving my skyline and i spotted a starlet gi (no turbo vent) closing fast! Drifting isn't the fastest way to go around the track!!
So I desided i wasn't going to be overtaken by a starlet non turbo especailly!!! So I started driving properly, racing lines and all that! But he was still closing :angry: I came out onto the main stright and he was right behind me, then he just went out past me like I was driving a micra! :angry:
I spotted the car latter in the paddock! It had a decent sized front mount so twas definately a turbo! but some go out of her!
Dan

Awh there are a few sleepers out there alrite, but them ibizas, i found out bitta spec on them, there were only 200 made, 75 of which were known to be imported to the uk. Awh i tell u i would love to get lined up beside him at a set of lights and show him how slow his damn thing is. Lately i have alot of dreamers coming up behind me trying to egg me on for racing, they pi**ing me off, but just trying to restrain yourself and tellin yourself, I can lose him if I want, anyway I suppose them kinda people will always be around.

My cousin had one of those. it was yellow :lol:
Anyway, long story short he had an encounter with a wall, then a telephone pole and now he doesnt have it anymore.

your right they are some car but for real front wheel drive crack try the focus RS, I have one ans I came out of a ver 3sti and I have to say the focus is scary. just back from a blast down the autobahn and my one recorded 150mph with only minimul mods... Now in fairness I had plenty of room to get there but I never saw them speeds in the sti

[quote author=Paddy scooby link=topic=4325.msg45936#msg45936 date=1195206046]
Awh there are a few sleepers out there alrite, but them ibizas, i found out bitta spec on them, there were only 200 made, 75 of which were known to be imported to the uk. Awh i tell u i would love to get lined up beside him at a set of lights and show him how slow his damn thing is. Lately i have alot of dreamers coming up behind me trying to egg me on for racing, they pi**ing me off, but just trying to restrain yourself and tellin yourself, I can lose him if I want, anyway I suppose them kinda people will always be around.
[/quote]
The first Cupras that came here were a rusty/copper colour with white wheels only 7 of them brought in at a special price of £17,500....... quick car at the time for a cheap price compared to the golf gti.

The in-gear times of these Cupras are very impressive but obviously off the line their lack of awd will slow them. Once up and running though they are quick but when you reach triple digit speeds torque and aerodynamics come into play for both cars.

The Ibiza Cupra and Leon Cupra can be remapped with Upsolute software by Logic Automotive in Dublin for eur 399.00 and produce 212 ps and 300 nm and 240 ps and 350 nm respectively with no mods other than the remap so maybe the Ibiza Cupra had an Upsolute remap? The latest FWD cars can handle much bigger bhp without any problem thanks to clever mapping and better suspension. The Mazda 3 MPS has the same bhp and more torque than the 05 STI and its all put throught the front wheels. That's a lot of power for the money but then you'd have to look at it every morning and wish you'd bought the STI :lol:

Frawls

[quote author=Omeara_darragh link=topic=4325.msg46020#msg46020 date=1195263919]
your right they are some car but for real front wheel drive crack try the focus RS, I have one ans I came out of a ver 3sti and I have to say the focus is scary. just back from a blast down the autobahn and my one recorded 150mph with only minimul mods... Now in fairness I had plenty of room to get there but I never saw them speeds in the sti
[/quote]

The same cousin that had the cupra is driving a focus ST now. Its a 06. Very dissapointed with it

I'd say the focus is just more stable and refined than the cupra! ie. more thought gone into it!
So probibly doesn't feel as frantic! it seems seat just stuck the biggest engine they could fit from the VAG into the smallest car :thumbsup: good stuff!
Dan

[quote author=Norris! link=topic=4325.msg45868#msg45868 date=1195162398]
when i put the Sti spoiler on my car, i felt a large drop in the top end
[/quote]

Isn't that why they call it a
spoiler.gif

:whistle:

Back