IAT reading -40

kevinjtc

Sunday Drivers
Brought my car to mechanic in last Monday to get checked over, Decided to go to a lad in Waterford who was recommended to me.
He hooked the car up to diagnostics machine and the Intake air temperature was showing up -40 :eek2 (dunno if it was Fahrenheit or C). he swapped out the MAF/IAT with another from a Legacy he was breaking and got the same reading. He said it could be faulty wiring, its going into him again next Tuesday
Anybody have this problem before?

A guy in Ferrybank, Waterford. Justin
Charged me less then what you'd get a pizza for. Has a few Jap cars for parts too.
Helped out someone I know with his e46 when he had of trouble after an engine rebuild

I thought this was the IAT / MAF ? between the accordion tube and the airbox

I wasn't there when he done it tho

Maybe I'm wrong now but I taught on them it was a separate little sensor on either the intake pipe or air box. Some of the legacy owners will confirm if I'm right or wrong

There isn't any connectors coming from the air box but there is only one piece of exposed wire on that piece in the center of the pipe so there probably is.
My dash temp gauge sits between the half way and the 3/4 mark( which looks a tad above level). could this be that the engine is running hotter then it should because it thinks the air is much cooler or is that the right place for the needle to sit. I noticed that my fan was on alot and i but i though that it was just because of the bigger engine.

Lots of hesitation after start up. if driven anything but gently and hesitation when accelerating sometimes. Chugging and total loss of power when touching accelerator sometimes. just wasn't running Right. I took off throttle body and gave it a good clean Didn't do anything so i had home look over it.

Back