Huge thanks to the lads

sealymonster

Sunday Drivers
Took my very very sick car up to the lads the other day and had them scratching there heads :wall: :ponder2: :ponder: :dontknow: for most of the day with an unknown problem that left the car completely undriveable but they put the head down and worked into the night and got it back to show room standard. massive thanks to all the lads they all chipped in and got it going. thanks boys! :thumbsup: :clap: :icon_pray:

also proudly sporting a very cool sti tuning vinyl on the car now

great stuff, welldone lads

what was the problem??

and what was the solution?? so if it happens to anyone else

Fair play
as above what was wrong in the end?
Always good to know what the symptoms of the problem where and what the cure was in the end for future reference!!!!!!!

im a bit all over the place at the moment from being on hols and down in limerick with the bro at the moment so very little access to internet.

ok problem started out as slight power loss under 10 to 60% throttle and got worse and worse to the point where when i got dave out for a test we couldnt even take off from the garage cos it was dying under throttle, very odd though was that when ya floored it the car would take off no bother.

ive recently done some work on the manifold so thought i split a pipe doing that so first thing was take off the intercooler and check all pipes. all were grand. there was an idea that it was loosing the spark on all pistons so swapped out the coil pack and also the maf, test drive and still no luck. came back in and wondered could it be fuel pump? i needed a new walbro one either way for the mapping so decided to do that and flashed the ecu and BAM it worked!!!!! :new_2gunsfiring_v1: :653: :icon_nana: :thumbsup: thanks to the lads extensive availability of subaru parts readly available to hand they were able to check about seven different things in like three hours where any other normal garage would at minimum need to order all those parts in and even if they didnt charge me for every part as they were ordered it would take so long and im sure the pump would have given up the ghost in the mean time.

a testamond to the quality staff and facility STI tuning have! :icon_pray:

Back