How much can ya get away wit

Yeah thanks for those links :thumbsup:

This is the approach I think I'd prefer.

Like I said I already got my Tactrix Open Port cable kit (only took 3 days from US) and have successfully read both cars.

The next step is to do an ECU reset on the JDM and then a quick learn so that she'll be better with E5 for now.

Cheers, P.

As a follow on, what's the situation when it comes to the aul NCT.

Say the decat is done and the car fails the NCT. Will I need a remap if I refit the catted downpipe for the retest.

Furthermore is there a risk of damage given that I have the pump, filter, boost solenoid and plugs still in place.

Cheers, P.

[quote author=Prinz link=topic=16097.msg207228#msg207228 date=1249327445]
As a follow on, what's the situation when it comes to the aul NCT.

Say the decat is done and the car fails the NCT. Will I need a remap if I refit the catted downpipe for the retest.

Furthermore is there a risk of damage given that I have the pump, filter, boost solenoid and plugs still in place.

Cheers, P.
[/quote]

Think you should be fine Prinz. I changed from a full 3 inch system back to standard system for the nct..

Also have all the above mods and i had no trouble at all.

By the way there is no point putting the car through nct with decat as it will definately fail

you should be fine with everything except the decat that will cause an issue..drop in panel filter won't affect your air flow enough to need to change fuelling.
I agree with you about ecutek locking the ecu..don't see any need for it BUT all the best mappers are using it and frankly your playing with fire thinking you can do it yourself..its not just the software you need its years of experience and making mistakes with TEST cars that these guys learn their trade.
If you fcuk around and make a mess of the map it might be even difficult to get anyone to fix it for as you might have cuased serious knock and they won't wnat to stand over it as their work..be very careful I say.

By all means you're right about the experience thing - although I do hold with the idea of nothing ventured nothing gained.

The advantage here is that if I mess up any of the maps I can simply reflash back to a good rom or even to the base rom.

Cheers, P.

[quote author=Prinz link=topic=16097.msg207666#msg207666 date=1249451368]

The advantage here is that if I mess up any of the maps I can simply reflash back to a good rom or even to the base rom.

Cheers, P.
[/quote]

if only you could do that with a melted piston!

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=16097.msg207780#msg207780 date=1249488060]
[quote author=Prinz link=topic=16097.msg207666#msg207666 date=1249451368]

Cheers, P.
[/quote]

if only you could do that with a melted piston!
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:Very good!
Dan

Back