HODGSON is GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What will happen now when anelka or drogba get dropped to the bench for Torres?
Drogba and Anelka are two of the biggest sulks in the league and I dont see them taken this to well
I think liverpool done some good business today Torres has wanted out for a while and at 200k a week who wouldn't
Want to leave when his leg goes pop every few games he will be happy when he sees his payslip so good deal for him too.the new lads will bring a totally different style of play to the pool I'd class us as a proper attacking team now
And can see plenty of goals in the future so the fact we now have twice the attacking power than we did at a cost of more or less nothing is great news.good work from the club.
He just said on sky sports "I now get to play for the biggest club in the world,which I always wanted to do"
What type of answer is that Chelsea are nowhere near the biggest or even one of the biggest clubs in the world.
Best of look Torres

He could not even look up when answering them quetions on sky because he knows he was talking bull.

I can see him getting some amount of kicks this weekend when Liverpool go to Chelsea.

Mixed bag for Liverpool...Good business getting 50 million for Torres... there's another Shevcienko for Chelsea...always injured.

...and then they spend 35 mil on Carroll? A player who has played half a premiership season? the amount of money Potato head spunked away I thought they would be more shrewd

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=28435.msg335966#msg335966 date=1296549667]
Mixed bag for Liverpool...Good business getting 50 million for Torres... there's another Shevcienko for Chelsea...always injured.

...and then they spend 35 mil on Carroll? A player who has played half a premiership season? the amount of money Potato head spunked away I thought they would be more shrewd
[/quote]

58 million out , 58 million in so im not too bothered about spending the money on carroll....Plenty money available in the summer to spend on 2 world class wingers and a center half

Also Torres and Ngog or Suarez and Carroll....

I think we are better equiped up front, pity about ashley young though....

[quote author=narked link=topic=28435.msg335982#msg335982 date=1296560147]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=28435.msg335966#msg335966 date=1296549667]

[/quote]

58 million out , 58 million in so im not too bothered about spending the money on carroll....Plenty money available in the summer to spend on 2 world class wingers and a center half

Also Torres and Ngog or Suarez and Carroll....

I think we are better equiped up front, pity about ashley young though....
[/quote]

You're not bothered about spending 35 MILLION on Andy Carroll? If you had of waited until the summer you could of got him for 15..its crazy money.....is going to move in with Steven Gerrard to look after him?

So is 50 million on a player whos a sulking ba*tard prone to injury..

Id rather have somone who wants to be at the club and theres no doubt that kenny will improve carroll...

We made 30 million on torres so fu*k it

£35 million for Andy Carroll is a disgrace. I heard on the radio last night night that he's the 8th most expensive footballer of all time!!!

I'm devastated to be honest. Say what you like about Torres being injured or not interested but he's in the top 3 strikers in the game and when free from injury I think was the best in the world. Even with all the games he missed his record was 32 goals, 17 goals, 22 goals in the last 3 seasons!

Now that's Alonso, Mascherano and Torres gone from Liverpool in the last 3 seasons!!

The only consolation for me would have been if we'd got shitloads of money for him......which we did, but now we've splurged it all!

Serious questions to be asked around Comolli if this doesn't work out. As Director of Football Strategy his first strategy looks very simplistic and quite wasteful to me???

Well you may laugh Dave, but Carroll is much younger than all the others therefore he has huge potential. Just look at what he's achieved so far: (from his wikipedia page)

Carroll has been involved in many off-the-pitch incidents in his career. On 14 September 2008, Carroll was arrested by police in Newcastle responding to a report that a woman had been assaulted, and later accepted a police caution for assault.[39] On 7 December 2009, he was arrested in the aftermath of a nightclub fight, again in Newcastle, accused of smashing glass in a man's face.[40] He was charged with assault and in October 2010 he pleaded guilty to common assault and was fined £1,000. He was also ordered to pay £2,500 compensation.[41] He was also involved in an incident on the training ground which allegedly left teammate Steven Taylor with a broken jaw though no charges were filed according to police.[42] Carroll reportedly suffered a broken hand in the incident, and he was shortly photographed in a pop concert with bandages to both hands.[43] Then-Newcastle manager Chris Hughton and club representatives declined to comment any further on the incident.[44] On 18 October 2010, Carroll was charged with assaulting a former girlfriend. Claiming self-defence, and having given a local hotel as his address, Carroll was granted bail on the condition that he resides with Newcastle captain Kevin Nolan until the case resumes in January. The charges were later dropped due to lack of evidence.[45] Two days following his bail, Carroll's car was set on fire whilst parked on Nolan's driveway, with the club captain's garage door also being daubed with obscenities.[46]
Carroll and his ex-girlfriend have a daughter, born 15 September 2009.[47][48]
Whilst on international duty, Carroll, Scott Sinclair and Ryan Bertrand were sent home from the England U-19s squad after breaking a curfew on 14 October 2007 during preparation for a match against Romania U-19s.[49] Carroll was also involved in a training ground fight with teammate Charles N'Zogbia over a late tackle from the Frenchman, but then-Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear decided not to punish the two.[50]

I will gladly listen to this being shoved back in my face for 10 years if he turns out to be a Liverpool legend but right now I think this looks like the most expensive mistake we've ever made!!

He's 22 he's not like he's 18 and smashing defences like Rooney was...Torres was 23 when he arrived but he was already a proven top player..2 is not that young and Andy Carroll is not a top ten footballer not even close...would he even get in The Arsenal, UTD or Chelsea Line up?
Peopl where laughing at Villas 23 million for bent...only Rooney and Drogba have scored more premier league goals

He cost more the David Villa!!

Agreed its a huge gamble and according to the press it was kenny's buy so comolli not really involved.

If he starts feeding suarez with knockdowns and bags a few himself, 35 million will soon be forgotten.

Torres was worth about 10 million when he came back from the world cup and has sulked all year,world class player but if wants to go CYA

I think he can be a very good signing for Liverpool unfortunately, but he is not worth close to 35m in my opinion. As said already he cost more than Villa and even Dzeko, who are both superior players at the minute. There was probably a 20m british player tax stuck in there somewhere too.

as i said earlier i agree its a gamble...

Your right about dzeko though, if he knew torres was going he should have went after him first :thumbsup:

:multijump:

Attachments

• torres.jpg
    torres.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 9
  • torres.jpg
    torres.jpg
  • torres.jpg
    torres.jpg
  • torres.jpg
    torres.jpg
  • torres.jpg
    torres.jpg
  • torres.jpg
    torres.jpg
  • torres.jpg
    torres.jpg
  • torres.jpg
    torres.jpg
  • torres.jpg
    torres.jpg
  • torres.jpg
    torres.jpg
:lolpoint:

Have to say early days but i think that suarez be unreal for us, apparently he hasnt even trained with squad yet :thumbsup:

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=28435.msg331499#msg331499 date=1294490009]
I'll bet anyone person we'll end up in the TOP FOUR and will be playing in the Champions League next year.
The looser has to Hand wash the winners car :icon_grin: :icon_grin:.......................Any Takers ???
[/quote]

Just in case anyone missed it. :multijump:

Id love someone else to hand wash my car!
Liverpool in top four for this year, Your having a laugh! :roll:

Should we start a list of who needs their car washed :thumbsup:

Back