High performance road/track tyres

chris139ryan

Octane Boostaholics
Hi All

I have a spare set of wheels for the teg which I am going to order the above for them.

Before we start I am not paying the money for r888r, ao48, Dunlop direzza, AR-1 etc as I just don't have that kind of free cash at the moment.

Currently I am running Michelin pilot sport 4 but I would like a more track orientated tyre.

So I was thinking of the following in order

AD08R
NS2-R
595RR
RE070

A lot of the DC5 lads over in the UK would rate RE070 higher than AD08R in terms of performance, grip, feedback etc.

I cant see how as they are a very old tyre. Has anyone here had any experience with both of AD08R and RE070. If so how do they compare.

Any feedback on other tyres would be welcome too

Thanks

RE070 is what I run the last while I find them great around track and road.
Adjust pressures and they go well for me.

Would you go for a cut slick? Doing my homework on them at the moment, might get a set for next time out.

The RE070 has bigger shoulders folding from the face of the tire in to the sidewalls than the AD08R. Their patterns seems to be very similar. Also very capable in the wet once it's not standing water.

The RE070 has bigger shoulders folding from the face of the tire in to the sidewalls than the AD08R. Their patterns seems to be very similar. Also very capable in the wet once it's not standing water.

Not bad at all with standing water I found John and once they are hot they are savage round mondello in the rain.
Good value for money imo for a road/track tyre and last well.

Not bad at all with standing water I found John and once they are hot they are savage round mondello in the rain.
Good value for money imo for a road/track tyre and last well.

FWD and LSD in the DC5 doesn't like it. You're in brown jocks territory. :icon_grin:

a048 would be my personal choice, need to have pressures right in them. can be found at bargain prices now as they are discontinued. be carefull with sizing, a048 and r888 to an extent measure wider than marked. ie 225 can measre 235, can cause issues with rubbing.

Have you tried the mps4 on the track yet ? Are they not what you thought
I've had them out on track, really liked them but want to make use of the spare set of wheels in the attic and just thought I would try a more track orientated tyre and see how they compare

RE070 is what I run the last while I find them great around track and road.
Adjust pressures and they go well for me.

Would you go for a cut slick? Doing my homework on them at the moment, might get a set for next time out.
What sort of pressures would you run these on for the road and track.
Never heard of cut slicks. Will look them up
What's your budget
I got 4. a048r for 430 pounds
Where did you get them for that price. Are they the e marked ones ?

Cut slicks you're moving in to territory of needing a baffled sump on the DC5 for track.

I've had them out on track, really liked them but want to make use of the spare set of wheels in the attic and just thought I would try a more track orientated tyre and see how they compare

Road 29/30psi. Normal driving.

Track I've crawled out of mondello to Cara filling station on 24psi go back to 30psi.
Pressures go up and down depending on how hard you drive it!!

Fwd car is best, as you can rotate wear front to rear.. more value for money with this tyre.

It's all relative though... power,set-up,driving style,car, what you expect.... but my car being a "road car" they do the best of both worlds for me.
Track and road.... and pass nct..

They take heat cycles very well and wear really great.

Could be pure sh1te to you.

You hate eagle F1's... for example... I love them.

Michelin... go on a bonfire for me as a starter incendiary......

Tyres are like Pen1s size.... bigger/better don't always do the trick....

Don't mind me ha ha..

Where did you get them for that price. Are they the e marked ones ?

Got them on eBay from the UK I'll try find the link
He only had a few sets left Yea e marked murry motor sports wanted 700 for same tyres

Back