Hid kit problem

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=30392.msg351918#msg351918 date=1304982695]
I know where your coming from
However my car passed nct with hids in!
They take a few seconds toheat up initially but once heated up there is no dark spot changing from hi beam to low beam!!! It's instantaneous!!
I've not been flashed at once by a car coming towards me since I changed to the however used to get flashed regular with the old bulbs!!!

That's interesting on the NCT Hammie. Do you have OEM lenses on your headlights and are your ballasts visible? Maybe technology has improved or adjusted in the last couple of years. On the "no flashing" from oncoming traffic, is your driving on lit or unlit roads?

Fozzy

My head light units are 100% OEM, the vast majority of my driving is done on unlit rural roads, and or unlit motorways!
I never tried to hide the Balasts and they are in the engine bay behind the Head Light Unit!

It is possible that the technology has moved on to allow these the whole time!!!

to "road legal" retrofit HID one would need:
1. OEM HID specific headlight assembly
2. headlight washing system
3. self leveling (either suspension or could be incorporated into headlight assembly)...
in other words it is "economically not viable" and often technically impossible for many cars...
if you hack D2R bulb into H4, H1, H7 etc. type headlight it is not road legal and has serious legal implications- should anything happen the insurance people are gonna be delighted (for themselves, not for you)...
legalities aside, especially in reflector type headlights it won't improve your night vision and that blinding blueish blob throwing light 360 deg looks bad...
if you still need to have them don't do it yourself but rather have it done. find the vat registered garage that will supply the parts, fit them and will inform you that these are road legal (in writing will be best). keep the receipt, should anything happen they might get most of the shafting instead of you. home before it gets dark or drive on one way traffic roads..

Good point Milo, I guess it's easy to forget the old insurance thing. Dagnut, stop putting GIFs of my sister up as your avatar even if she is a trollop.

there is no insurance company in this world that would stand by a modification that contravenes the requirements of road traffic regulations (in this case on both EU and national level) i.e. is not road legal...it is not a question of say non stock alloys or back box, or suspension etc. that as a part are "road legal" and just have to be declared as a mod...
should anything happen things have potential to get really nasty...
i'm not trying to taunt you, i'm just saying how it is...

Back