Hi

C

Chris B

Hi everyone,just thought it would be good to see what you guys over the water get up to,I have met some of you at TOTB.
I have a WR1 that has been well modified by RCM (Roger Clark Motorsport) here in the Midlands,here are a few pics for you.
rosyb052-1.jpg

rosyb009-1.jpg

rosyb011-1.jpg

rosyb048-1.jpg

rosyb047.jpg

rosyb002.jpg

rosyb-2.jpg

rosyb013.jpg

rosyb006.jpg

rosyb009.jpg

rosyb001.jpg

SantaPod25.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome,as I live only 3 miles from RCM and both MATT and Olly are good friends I will keep you guys up-dated on the Gobstopper.

Rcm Wr1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rosyb009.jpg

A brief run-down on some of the mods follows

Complete engine re-build including-
H-section con-rods
Omega forged pistons
modified oil-pump
gas-flowed and ported cylinder heads
WRC stud kit
WRC Nimonic one-piece exhaust valves
Garrett hybrid GT35 turbo
RCM fully decatted 3" exhaust system
Lightweight pulleys
Motec ECU
AP racing clutch and RCM lightweight flywheel
One-piece carbon-fibre propshaft
AP Racing 355mm 6 pot front brakes
Full set of Defi gauges and Knocklink sensor.

Thanks for all the comments lads,the WR1 is our 3rd scooby,but the only one we have modified,rather than go the way of doing a few mods here and there we went straight in and did the engine and all the gauges in one go,as I am 58 I did not want to wait,plus it saves cash as you only have one lot of mapping to pay for,as we have a Motec fitted Dave Rowe (aka Motec Dave ) does the mapping,he also maps the Gobstopper,and the car does drive very much like the standard car until you floor it,we have had 175mph out of her at Bruntingthorpe with 4 up,this last year we have done the handling side with AP racing brakes all round,EXE-TC suspension,roll-bars,drop-links,STI lateral and trailing links and STI rose jointed bushes in the front wishbones we have got STI track-rods and ball-joints to go on and over the winter Matt is sorting out a twisted/rotated turbo to finish things off,that will be it then cos I shall be penniless but very happy,but when you get bitten by the subaru bug you just have to go with it,what do you lads think??
Trax2008001-1-1.jpg

Trax2008004-1.jpg

Back