Hi everyone! My Pokemon wants to meet colleagues

superh4ndz

Hi everyone. Newbie here.
I own of Subaru WRX Pokemon 2008. It has: Invidia exhaust system, BC Racing Coilovers, APEXI AVCR boost controller, APEXI - oil pressure sensor, APEXI - oil temp sensor, APEXI - fuel pressure sensor, APEXI - boost sensor, TurboXS blow-off valve, Fuel Pump DW250. Its also remapped.

I'm looking for a good mechanic/garage for service.

I've arrived to Ireland recently, a couple of month ago and started experiencing an issue with misfire in the first cylinder. My assumption is spark plugs or fuel injectors... idk
It needs to be checked out by someone professional.
I'm located in Dublin

Thanks everyone in advance!
Nice to meet you guys here!

Attachments

• IMG_6786 (1).jpeg
    IMG_6786 (1).jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 29
Hiya.

Welcome to the club and cool looking hatch! Not many around here and hope to see it in person at some of the meet next.

Re mechanic - Larkin Automotive in Finglas is who I use and give him a call to see if he can help.

Is your car mapped for 95Ron or 98Ron fuel? We can only get 95Ron fuel here sadly and if your car was mapped on 98Ron, it may will cause issues.

Hiya.

Welcome to the club and cool looking hatch! Not many around here and hope to see it in person at some of the meet next.

Re mechanic - Larkin Automotive in Finglas is who I use and give him a call to see if he can help.

Is your car mapped for 95Ron or 98Ron fuel? We can only get 95Ron fuel here sadly and if your car was mapped on 98Ron, it may will cause issues.
unfortunately for me its mapped for 98Ron fuel...

Hiya.

Regarding to Larkin Automotive - he told me that he can't help me with my "particular model" because he is not aknowledged about it, despite the fact the engine (ej255) and brake system is completely the same, so then I asked him just to do some simple/basic things such as oil change, filters, brakes etc... and he said "no" again.
I still dont understand what is the issue, but its what it is.

I’d say He’s very busy and Subarus need a bit more care and attention so he only works on them himself, no apprentices are allowed to work on them , he already has a few cars that he looks after and doesn’t want to take on another , nothing personal in my opinion.
Try Dave in RSR automotive , same level of attention and care or Ali Burrows up in Dungannon

Baz beat me to it with some good recommendations.

Would it be an option to get a quote from Caroll and Roche or Castle Garage in Bray (both Subaru dealerships) as this is routine maintainance work with OEM parts I am guessing?

With all due respect wouldn’t rate Carrol and Roche or castle garage for mechanical work whatsoever having personally repaired cars that had general service and wheel bearing work done there .
Yikes, that doesn't sound like fun.

I have used Castle Garage in Bray a few times over the years and they were grand. Oem parts prices are decent and routine services etc are not badly priced.

I’m sure routine servicing would be fine but I’d still be checking their work. Two examples …. putting brake pads into Brembo calipers shouldn’t require a hammer and removing an inner bearing race from a hub shouldn’t require an angle grinder.

Aonghus has a great saying , there’s better work coming out of sheds than professional garages in this country

Back