Hi all, 2.5 sti PPP

Ciano35

Hi everyone, about time I posted here, bought my first Subaru a few months ago. It's a 2006 2.5 sti type uk PPP :icon_grin:

I got it in the North, it was imported there from England last summer. Currently on 83k miles. I has a full folder of service history and receipts which was a big deciding factor in buying this one. Also had a massive service a few thousand miles ago, with the head gasket, timing belt, all fluids etc. being done.

I'm absolutely loving it, it'll be my daily driver for the foreseeable future. It sounds mental but I could never drive something boring! I had a Corsa OPC before this so the Impreza is a nice upgrade.

Mods, it has none. Well, it had coilovers and a dump valve, but I got stock STI suspension for it and recirc valve. I prefer it stock I think, they're perfect as they are. :icon_grin:

A few small things to be sorted, locking it with the button on the key sets off the alarm, there must be a problem with the bonnet sensor or something as the door open light doesn't stay on. Also recently it's intermittently getting a code P0345 for the cam position sensor where it will start spluttering, but clearing the code lets it run perfectly again. Otherwise running absolutely perfectly, no smoke, oil burning etc.

Also I'm thinking I should probably get it mapped for our crap fuel? As the PPP brochure states it should be run on 97RON.

It's on English plates until the VRT centres open up again. I'm based in West Cork and Clare, looking forward to seeing all your cars when meets get up and running again. :thumbsup:

Anyway, some pictures:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Looks great cian, saw it advertised alright and was admiring it, I'm based in ennis if your ever around, I'm.driving an 2006 blobeye sti as a daily and love it, there is a few of us in clare now with scoobies, your very welcome,

Ps , no harm to get the car checked over by someone in the know for peace of mind especially with a code showing,, seanie on here is a serious man around a scooby based in clare or Charlie mc enery in ennis knows them very well also,

Last edited:
Looks great cian, saw it advertised alright and was admiring it, I'm based in ennis if your ever around, I'm.driving an 2006 blobeye sti as a daily and love it, there is a few of us in clare now with scoobies, your very welcome,

Ps , no harm to get the car checked over by someone in the know for peace of mind especially with a code showing,, seanie on here is a serious man around a scooby or Charlie mc enery in ennis knows them very well also,

Thanks, I'm in Ennis too! Although I won't be back there now until some time in August. I'm not sure I've ever seen your car around but I passed a blobeye with fogs there last week, and I've often seen a hatch sti/wrx parked at a house too.

I'll definitely be getting someone to look at it, been to Charlie before and he's great but I'm in West Cork for a couple months, I've been onto Ian in Automania ballincollig who rallies them so he might be able to sort it. Will pm Seanie too if I can find him here, thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

No fogs on mine, ????, seanie ,s username is seanie for pm purposes, enjoy d rumble and hopefully you dont get hit too hard with vrt????????

Welcome, lovely car best of luck with it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club and well ware. Hope you enjoy it and daily driving a Subaru isn't all that bad. Been doing it myself for about 3 years. It's a lot of fun and yea, couldn't drive boring cars either [emoji16]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

Welcome to the club, a good few 2.5 Hawks on here including mine!
Very tidy car, loads of good info to be got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome.

Nice motor... very similar to my own (though I did change a few things like wrx spoiler as didn't want the attention the big one draws).

Welcome. Nice looking car. I think it was it I seen at the Donegal international rally last year. The gold centre caps on the rims was on the one I seen. I had seen it for sale. Enjoy looks class.

Welcome Along, As pedro said, Charlie or Seanie would both know them well.

Good to see another one around Ennis, the numbers are starting to build !!
I've seen that hatch around too..

Nice motor very welcome along [emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Welcome. Nice looking car. I think it was it I seen at the Donegal international rally last year. The gold centre caps on the rims was on the one I seen. I had seen it for sale. Enjoy looks class.

That would have been it alright, the fella I bought it off said he had it there.

Hi cian

Hard to say without seeing the car but you could get a cam sensor fault for following reasons:
Timing out on belt
Faulty cam sensor
Wiring for cam sensor
AVCS (Variable valve timing) fault ie. Solenoid or phasor pulley
Crank sensor signal not correlating with cam for various reasons
Amongst other reasons

I know you said you don't think timing is out because running fine otherwise but I've seen cars before not subaru but timing out a tooth or 2 and variable valve timing adjusting to compensate and running fine bar cam sensor code.

It would be the first thing I would check before spending money on sensors etc as its free no special tools or scanner required just a visual inspection to confirm take 20 mins. Then once confirmed OK lookstart looking at sensor etc

Give me a shout on 0857302842 if you need any help

Last edited:
Welcome along

Another 2.5 hawk sti owner here , 10 years in with this car and still love it , best of luck with the vrt :thumbsup:

Welcome along cian :thumbsup:. Nice looking hawk you get yourself there . Standard suspension will be way better :thumbsup: vrt shouldn?t be too bad being a Uk car so hopefully will be 1000-1600 . Look forward to seeing it at a few meets :thumbsup:

Back