Hey, new to here!

LegacyBL5

Hey, old owner but new here ... I have a 2005 BL5 JDM legacy and have had it for many years as a daily driver but its a little rough around the edges now so I wanted to get it back to its former glory and keep it as a second car ... front shocks, discs and pads done last month but I'm finding it mega hard to get the bits I need ... currently after a full set of bushings for my front wishbones then my next plan is rear suspension and brakes ... I just need a reputable supplier for spares?? I could go to subaru directly but I'm sure you all know they are crazy overpriced!! Any suggestions? ... I will prob be looking at turbo upgrade/overhaul and possible engine overhaul and thinking of a remap later down the line with a few other extras then paint and a few other cosmetics so I'm in it for the long haul ..... any help would be greatly appreciated

Your very welcome.

Regarding parts, had the same car and parts from main dealer aren't that bad actually ,

You could also try dave@rsr automotive or importcarts.co.uk

Welcome along 👍 but if a mixed bag regarding spared as most of us used import car parts for stuff but prices have gone up for parts everywhere as Brexit takes its toll .

Subaru Main deltas ain’t to bad but depends on where your going and what your looking for .
Front wishbone bushings should be the same as Impreza ones but would need to check but can’t be hard got . Check the links and photos out 👍👍

Attachments

• 8828E77A-37FE-4631-880D-3CF20120BAD7.png
    8828E77A-37FE-4631-880D-3CF20120BAD7.png
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 2
How's it going?.
And welcome.
I own a bp5 legacy, and just wondering if you got parts sorted? If not yet, I would recommend getting uprated lca bushings- in fact upgrading all the bushings to good quality poly bushings.
I personally used Power flex bushings, but there are several options.
The standard subaru ones are made from jelly.
Ben

Thanks
How's it going?.
And welcome.
I own a bp5 legacy, and just wondering if you got parts sorted? If not yet, I would recommend getting uprated lca bushings- in fact upgrading all the bushings to good quality poly bushings.
I personally used Power flex bushings, but there are several options.
The standard subaru ones are made from jelly.
Ben

Thanks for the info ... I did debate getting poly bushes for a while but decided it might make the ride a touch too stiff but I may revisit this after I have my complete suspension done in a few weeks if I'm still not happy with the handling .... biggest issue now is shipping from UK.... ugh brexit!

Yeah-no, I hear ya.
But the polys don't really stiffen it too much at all, just make it tighter.it is a noticible improvement over oem , but only in a positive way.the car handles much better and ya get the whole cornering on rails thing going on.

Back