Help please!!!!!!! 01 STi problem

[quote author=padraic link=topic=22963.msg281112#msg281112 date=1273698332]
great to hear your motoring...

i had a vito van and a friend brought it and deaden batt and then jumped it and blew ecu.. the main dealer said it a common problem in the vito.. he said turn on park lights before connecting jump leads and the lights will take the surge not your ecu... had to scrap van aswell because cost of fix was way to much... :wall:
[/quote]

good idea ..... might try that the next time ...

cheaper to replace a blown bulb than a blown ecu

[quote author=silverbullitt link=topic=22963.msg281273#msg281273 date=1273757646]
[quote author=padraic link=topic=22963.msg281112#msg281112 date=1273698332]
great to hear your motoring...

i had a vito van and a friend brought it and deaden batt and then jumped it and blew ecu.. the main dealer said it a common problem in the vito.. he said turn on park lights before connecting jump leads and the lights will take the surge not your ecu... had to scrap van aswell because cost of fix was way to much... :wall:
[/quote]

good idea ..... might try that the next time ...

cheaper to replace a blown bulb than a blown ecu
[/quote]

sing that... it cheaper to replace bulb... a mechanic said to me the interior light might even do

My buy a booster pack alright ....
handy thing to have around ...
they do them in lidl with an inbuilt compressor , onlys need a top up charge every month or so .....

must get them next time they have them

Yup leave it plugged in untill you want to use it is the best way.Other than that the battery can run down and the fu*k up :doh:

Back