**** Help Needed - 3" Metal Tubing ***

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
Hey all

I need a bit of help... I'm in the process of building a rotisserie for the Subaru so I can seam weld and paint the underside.

I've all me metal sourced and ready to go but I need the pivot points.

Does anyone have or know here I could get some off cuts of approx. 3" (75mm) metal tube with minimum 2.5 - 3mm wall...? I also then need some similar tube to sleeve inside this or outside this. I'll happily pay for any off cuts going. I'm having great difficulty finding any. I've still to talk to a few local engineering companies that produce gates and fencing but any help would be huge.

I don't need much of either tubing... 18" of each would be plenty.

Cheers

Jamie

Ask jay and Bob in DI Motorsport. They might have some lengths there from doing the cage work on drift cars etc. Only up the road from you in Rathcoole.

Cheers John... Ill given me a shout. Largest cage bars tend to be about 50mm though which is too small... I got plenty of that to. I'm kind of after gate post or security bollard size tube. I'm going to try a few local engineering shops.

They've built a rotisserie before so if they haven't got any they'll definitely be able to point you to a source or order some in for you.

Would something like this work Jamie

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 34
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 33
Have a stainless steel one for them Keith as its hidden in the ditch :icon_grin:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 30
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 30
Back