Help in Leitrim PLEASE!!!!!@#$%

Shane_B4

Sunday Drivers
I have a legacy b4 be5 and i am about to give up on the car and scrap it.. for the last 6 months or more it has been in with 5 mechanics and there has been almost €1500 spent on parts and labour and it is no better. The car is overfueling a sh*t load we have one more part to try and if it is still no better its going to the sc****rs because it is eating money.
The one part i have yet to try is the oxygen sensor but there nearly 300 to buy and if it doesnt work its a waste of another 300. I was wondering if anyone on here that i could borrow to see if it fixes it before i spend more money..i can come and collect it and would have it back to ye on the same day.

Sorry to hear but Is the only problem with the car or is there more other than drinking petrol . And what was checked /changed so far.

if you can get a laptop hooked up to watch the front o2 sensor and air/fuel correction #1 values you should see the o2 voltage swinging from 0.2-0.9v and the A/F correction between +10 and -10 %. Do this at idle and then again holding the RPM around 2000.

Reset the ECU and do the same test again - if the A/F correction starts to jump up around 20/25% then it's a possible MAF fault. If the o2 isn't reading 0.2-0.9v (or reads the same value all the time) then it's a o2 fault. The o2 being slightly dead doesn't always throw a code but it knocks the whole correction system off.

Did any of the garages do a leak/smoke test on it to make sure all the pipes were sound?

if you can get a laptop hooked up to watch the front o2 sensor and air/fuel correction #1 values you should see the o2 voltage swinging from 0.2-0.9v and the A/F correction between +10 and -10 %. Do this at idle and then again holding the RPM around 2000.

Reset the ECU and do the same test again - if the A/F correction starts to jump up around 20/25% then it's a possible MAF fault. If the o2 isn't reading 0.2-0.9v (or reads the same value all the time) then it's a o2 fault. The o2 being slightly dead doesn't always throw a code but it knocks the whole correction system off.

Did any of the garages do a leak/smoke test on it to make sure all the pipes were sound?
Have to get her stuck back on a laptop again and check live data. She is throwing up a code 65 "Differential Pressure Sensor" would this cause overfueling and hunting in revs when in idle

Back