hello subaru folk!

G

garyegt

heya everyone, names gary, i dont drive a scooby myself, (im a nissan nut nut hey, its all jap :icon_pidu:) but im after some info for my bro in law.

basically hes going looking at an 01 impreza, and i want to know what it is we have to look out for. apparently, the shell bearings have been replaced recently, so thats one thing that puts me off, why did they have to be replaced? or are they a common fault?

anyways any help would be greatly appreciated!

oh and heres a link to the add: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1222038 anyone know it?

Welcome along, maybe check out the cars for sale here
to, you'll pick up a well minded motor too.

Hello Gary & Welcome to the Club :thumbsup:

There could be several reasons for the Big End Bearings to be replaced :thumbsup:

One would be a lack of oil.... but there could be a number of reasons... It would be best to contact the seller for more info in relation to the repair :thumbsup:

The Bhp figure for this WRX seems to be a little high for the mods done, but again you could contact the owner to see how the figure was achieved :thumbsup:

I do not know the car, but for the money I think it's worth a look :thumbsup:

I hope this helps :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

As above,
Loads of possible reasons for failures,
Mick hit the nail on the head, Probably over doing it on the the WRX, Ask what boost it runs, and is it mapped to that boost?

But as Murto said,
The best and safest option for your friend is to try the for sale section here, and buy from a reputable member!
Not only will he be buying from a trust worthy person, but a person who understands the proper way to look after a scooby! and they do need looking after properly!

What Nissan do you have?? I have an RWD R32 track car myself!
Dan

Back