Hello from the UK McRae Owners Club

McRae 069

Sunday Drivers
Hello to everyone on ISDC :dance: there appears to be a lot of Series McRae's that reside in Ireland and I was wondering apart from Lishagh are there any members who own a Series McRae please? as i'm trying to track all 200 down to see how many are still going thanks

Gr8 site btw :icon_pray:

There was a post here a while back some lad selling 2 of them think it was up north :dontknow:

Welcome along :thumbsup: Just so everyone can help you with your search, how do you define what a Series McRae is?

This is what I put in the "Know your Subaru" section:

Limited Edition: Impreza Turbo 2000 Series McRae

In June 1995, to celebrate their winning of both the manufacturers and drivers World Rally Championship titles, Subaru in the UK released a limited edition run of two hundred cars (numbered 1 to 201 - no number 13!) prepared by Prodrive going by the name of the Series McRae. These models had around £10,000 of cosmetic and performance changes, resulting in power increasing from the standard 208BHP to 240BHP.

MY95-Series%20McRae.jpg

Thanks for the welcomes :icon_grin: Hi Paulo thanks for the definition my only query is the latter part as there was no conclusive evidence on the performance changes being made however there has been some rumours that the later models had a higher BHP as standard.

I heard on the Gathering weekend there is at least 6 McRae's in 1 village somewhere in Ireland... :icon_confused:

There was deffo 1 series McRae at our AGM in January just gone, not sure if it was Lishagh so not much help tbh

in the picture above there looks to be a high spoiler on that car but they seemed to have come with a low spoiler unless this is a optional extra at the time but did subaru offer a high spoiler in 95

[quote author=lishagh link=topic=9424.msg111878#msg111878 date=1220959200]
welcome along :thumbsup: shame we did nt get to do the flag at warwick :subaru:
[/quote]

It is a shame, but to just to throw a spanner at it Grant had reserved a space for all us mcrae's with ltd editions in the middle of the test track, but we forgot to exchange information prior to the event. :hammerhead:

[quote author=lishagh link=topic=9424.msg111880#msg111880 date=1220959592]
in the picture above there looks to be a high spoiler on that car but they seemed to have come with a low spoiler unless this is a optional extra at the time but did subaru offer a high spoiler in 95
[/quote]

All McRae's left the factory with low level lip spoilers and no brake light fitted, I think the high spoiler didn't come out until 96 when Colin's N Reg replaced L555 BAT.

Thanks for feedback guys :thumbsup: my quest is on going I even heard a rumour that 1 or 2 McRae's have been shipped to the US :ponder:

Cheers for that, I think it may have been you some of my members were talking about at the gathering, sorry I kept missing you

Back