Hello all

Yeah bit giddy bout it alright! Always enjoy the days when i pick up a new car. prob be early next week cause of the galway rally this weekend

Welcome along man! :thumbsup:
Get in touch with Davelegacy (STI Tuning) or Renno(Street Performance) Regarding a remap(highly recomened you do this sooner rather than later) and a few very worth while mods and She'll run swiftly and safely for you for a long time!
Dan

What will a re-map cost me. Also E5 isnt so widely available in the west-nearest maxol is 22 miles. And finally where is sti tuning?

If you checkout the traders section, on the home page of this site!
Ask there regardind costs and such!
You'll defo have run on octain booster as B4's really don't like standard 95 ron petrol! (melted pistons in no time :cry:)
Best of luck man!

Idea that hasn't been tried yet! that i know of but if you put 3 litres of maxol E85 and then top up with 95 ron (any type) and then throw in half bottle booster for good measure!
Then she can be mapped to very good power and relyibility! It may sound like a lot of hassle but ( you'd have to get a 20L gerry can of E85 and put approx 3L E85 in a small pastican when you are going to refuel) But your talking at about maybe 30bhp difference between 102 ron (3L E85,fill 95 ron petrol and Half bottle Booster) and 98 ron(95 ron plus half bottle booster)

There might be a recently remapped B4 going north for the rolling road day at the weekend so we'll see what they can do!!
Dan

Is it not E5? thought E85 was for hybrids? And does anyone rate pro boost at all? used it all the time in my old evo

Sorry bout all the questions now but was wonderin if i can get by running on E5 with booster til i get the car mapped? Or how would it react to 95RON with booster?

E5 averages 99.2 ron,so using that with booster should be safe till you save up the pennies for a remap,will be gettin mine remapped shortly so i'll let you know how it goes :thumbsup: and they gave me a 3 month warranty on the car excluding the turbos for obvious reasons :lol: have workshop manuals for the leggy if you ned any help give me a shout :thumbsup:

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=5142.msg58838#msg58838 date=1201824493]
But E5 with booster would be ok?
[/quote]
That should be fine mate, just dont drive her on much till you get it mapped.
I got mine mapped a couple of weeks after it landed, drove her handy on E5+NF till the car was mapped by Bob Rawle through STiTuning :clap:,
Now its mapped for the same fuel combo and running perfect, :thumbsup:
Eli.

Back