Healthy snacks to help keep those craving at bay!

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
I'm trying to get a bit fitter and loose a bit of weight and tone up. :icon_jook: What's snacks are good to keep at hand to keep those sugar cravings at bay. Any other tips for trying to loose about a stone before Christmas? I'm thinking circuit Training Tue and Thur and a cycle on the weekends to start off and try build up to 4 days circuit training.

:Insert belly gonna get you jokes here:

Well Dan, I'm just finished there after 20 sessions with motivation.ie, I went from 89Kg to 64Kg now. While on the diet I used to take a protein supplement/snack which was about 140/150cals, Great for keeping sugar cravings at bay. €15 for 7 available at motivation clinics

[quote author=Anto J link=topic=31973.msg366817#msg366817 date=1318879489]
Well Dan, I'm just finished there after 20 sessions with motivation.ie, I went from 89Kg to 64Kg now. While on the diet I used to take a protein supplement/snack which was about 140/150cals, Great for keeping sugar cravings at bay. €15 for 7 available at motivation clinics
[/quote]

64 kg :icon_omg:

there must be nothing left of ya ,

Pretty much everything that will make u sweat a lot (running, cycling) will do the trick, but keep your water/salt levels replenished after it.
Do abs workout. Change the variety (have few videos if u interested).
Do not eat before going to sleep. Do not eat Irish breakfast :) *at least not full*
Do not drink while eating. Less saturates, no chips, no crisps. Avoid eating with beer. Do not eat carbs too often especially if you are not planning to move after it :)

1 Stone is 6+ kg, isnt it? And what weight you are now? The more you weight the easier it will drop :)

Good luck dude!

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=31973.msg366818#msg366818 date=1318879691]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed on above, omg.... What is your height?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

height 165cm

BMI before 32.2 After 23.9

I'm still here Tommy, Just taking the karting championship a bit too serious I suppose :icon_grin:

He he cheers lads. Currently 110kg now 192cm in height so probably looking to loose 10kg and tone up. Beer belly needs to go and man boobs! And generally increase fitness across the board! Not looking to go body building or that :beerbang:

Any good snacks to keep cravings at bay and feel full? Any good drinks or shakes?

I'm still here Tommy, Just taking the karting championship a bit too serious I suppose :icon_grin:
[/quote]

:lolpoint: :lolpoint: a sure theres no point in the rest of us even going we may get you a slow kart :multijump:

Small tin of tuna, seriously. Bring it with ya, preferably a ring pull so you're not looking like a mad man with a tin opener :D. Just crack her open and squeeze the brine out and happy out! Apple & Banana in honey, just chop it up and throw it into a tub/lunchbox to bring with ya. Small tin of pineapple slices. Plenty of water & juices that aren't from concentrate over the course of the day. Avoid caffeine, I've cut down from 4 cups a day to 3 cups a week. Made shite of me teeth aswell, I look like I'm a chain smoker now and I've never even touched a cigarette!

Peanuts/peanut butter is good aswell. Stick it on some brown bread.

Vary your training & exercise in bursts, not in constant long drawn out sessions like an hour jog on a thread mill. Go for a jog and make a game of it by saying "OK, sprint to this poll flat out, jog to the next, sprint to the next, walk to the next, jog, sprint." Then a flat jog home to burn some more calories and warm down. Easiest thing to do is if there's any hills near ya. Sprint up, jog/walk down. Jumping jacks are good too.

A good base will help you out massively. Some wheetabix, porridge in the morning with some fruit will keep ya goin' 'til lunch.

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=31973.msg366855#msg366855 date=1318883442]
He he cheers lads. Currently 110kg now 192cm in height so probably looking to loose 10kg and tone up. Beer belly needs to go and man boobs! And generally increase fitness across the board! Not looking to go body building or that :beerbang:

Any good snacks to keep cravings at bay and feel full? Any good drinks or shakes?
[/quote]

there nothing better than fruit dan, slow release of energy all day and will stop you from eating big dinners.

[quote author=Anto J link=topic=31973.msg366838#msg366838 date=1318881477]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

height 165cm

BMI before 32.2 After 23.9

[/quote]

great stuff anto, thats a great turn around welldone man, its one of the hardest thing in life to loose weight and stay fit

[/quote]

You are a big lad ;) I think around 90-100 is your normal weight. But you need just to shape it and of course burn unwanted fat.

One of my friends used to wrap himself (on the belly part) in the food wrap and play football like that with a sweat/rain jacket on even in +15-20 degrees. You should see 'liquid' quantity after our each game :icon_omg: But this is of course a bit too drastic (but an option)

Good luck with that and be strong, first weeks are the hardest :) later it will become a routine :)

Give crossfit Ireland a call
Been out there the last few months and seen savage results
Great way of training and fun
Changes every day
Let me know if your into it and you can come along for a free trial.

I snack on rice crackers (you lose more calories chewing them than the calories actually contained in them), raw carrots and Broccoli.
Don't eat bread either.

paleo diet
Google it only way to go
You will get a bit of a slump for about a week but after that you will be flying.

cut out bread altogether. Eat lots of veg steamed preferably. Some fruit not too much as some fruits still high in sugar. Have baked fish with ur veg and lots of exercise that makes u sweat mixed with weight training

[quote author=kbox link=topic=31973.msg366919#msg366919 date=1318938679]
cut out bread altogether. Eat lots of veg steamed preferably. Some fruit not too much as some fruits still high in sugar. Have baked fish with ur veg and lots of exercise that makes u sweat mixed with weight training
[/quote]which fruits would u say be the best to eat

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=31973.msg366864#msg366864 date=1318886310]

[/quote]

there nothing better than fruit dan, slow release of energy all day and will stop you from eating big dinners.
[/quote]

dont go nuts on this statement but there is nothing worse to eat than fruit if you are trying to lose weight, FRUCTOSE is a no no for weight loss.

Better off if you are looking for snack , protein bar or shake and make sure at all costs DO NOT SKIP BREAKFAST and try and have at least 30g of protein each meal its an appetite suppressant

dam i have has a load of fruit today, apple, banana, some watermelon, half a pineapple! Where would one get these protein bars or shakes? Need to do a bit of shopping on the way home to stock up on the healthier stuff!

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=31973.msg366949#msg366949 date=1318951832]
dam i have has a load of fruit today, apple, banana, some watermelon, half a pineapple! Where would one get these protein bars or shakes? Need to do a bit of shopping on the way home to stock up on the healthier stuff!
[/quote]

dan, use em but sparringly. dont ever eat apples after other food it sits on top in your stomach and ferments which is not good for you stomach.

get shakes in health shop but make sure theres not too much sugar in it, i dont see bars and shakes as a stable food source, they will just help you out for mid meal snacks.

you need to realise that you are not going on a diet but a change of lifestyle...

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=31973.msg366949#msg366949 date=1318951832]
[/quote]

It's only really red apples and pears that are high in fructose & other sugars that tend to sit on your gut from what I remember. The likes of Kiwi, Melon & Pineapple are good. Think Starfruit is also known as a super fruit but hard to come by.

Actually, try gettin' some Acai Berry teabags. Very high in anti-oxidants and very good for ya, tastes good too!

Back