headache over,for the moment

Wouldnt have thought that at all Dave,any time i've talked to you youve given good advise and have far more knowledge on scoobys than me.Goes to show much i know,there was me getting a barley corn in the pants over nothing..... :cry:

[quote author=tractorman link=topic=872.msg7541#msg7541 date=1164753356]
Man, your deep. :lol:
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

just recieved another email from uk.A guy selling a sti8 engine complete with only 4000 miles on it for 1400 sterling,Found his post on scoobynet about 2 weeks ago,yet another option,but again second hand.

Hey Alan,

I have a very good option for you......

When I was over in Litchfields getting my car he (Iain) was showing me all the brand new engines that they remove from the cars before giving them the Type25 treatment - they sell these engines to rally drivers but it would be definitly worth a call as these engines have never been used :shock: I can't remember how much he wanted but maybe my brother will....

Alan.

Sorry bout that mate. :doh: They are usually spot on. It did seem a bit cheap thinking about it now since it was a slightly dearer quote that they gave me and I am just dropping the engine up for the rebuild and my mate and myself are putting it back in ourselves. :ponder: :whistle:
A second hand engine is probably always going to be the cheaper one first off but weather its after 3months or 3 years you will have to get a rebuild. :cry:
If you treat a rebuilt engine right running it in you will basically have a brand new engine(depending on parts invollved in rebuild.). :thumbsup:
Sure see what the price is befor he gets back to you... I'm sure I was getting a basic rebuild for around €2000 from them before I went for the more :headbanger: extreme option. :ponder:
See what happens anyway mate,
I wish ya the best of luck,
Shane.

Back