Got A Cel after changing the rad?

threw in a new battery and started the car it idled till the temp came up to hal way, as i was sitting in it watching the temp i felt a slight blip, ie a miss on idle, thought id touch the throttle to see if it disappeared and when i did the cel came on, checked it and it read code 22.

Hope its just a knock sensor, as recently after a spirited run, i came off a roundabout in 3rd low down in the revs and accelerated, for a spit second the car felt like it hit a brick wall and the cel came on and straight off, so fast i barely saw it. got the car serviced the day afet and saw nothing till now.

True lad, must check that, the one thing im worried about is if its the knock sensor is it just a case that its wanked or is there an issue causing knock or det??

youd have to change it to really know if its a faulty sensor!!!!
shouldnt be knocking at idle so i'd go for a new sensor...cheap enough!!!

Nice one lad, really do appreciate the help, I know i sound like a panicy pete, and I am, just love scoobies but am terrified when things go wrong!

Really must make it my business to put faces to name of the people on this site this year!
All ill say is thank god for ISDC!

The knock sensor went on mine, it would only come on now and again(cel) but when it came on the car would hit a wall at about 3k revs.
There was a few codes on it ICSV was one soon as i changed the knock sensor all cleared up :dontknow:

yeah that happened about 3 weeks ago too, hit a brick wall but the cel barely came on, will just throw one in! hopefully will clear it up and ill be back to hassle free scooby ownership again!

Back