Goodwood Festival of speed

JohnM

Petrolheads
Lads and ladies I'm just back from this event and oh what a weekend :thumbsup:
I'd seriously recommend it to anyone intrested in motorsport, It had formula 1 cars from Day 1 to the present, Touring cars from throughout the years and My favourite the Rally Cars inc All Colin Mcraes cars from his personal collection, Old bikes, single seaters, etc.
It runs A hill climb with all of these old race cars through out the weekend on the grounds of goodwood and further up the estate a A forrest Rally stage featuring some of the old rallying legends( cars and drivers) is held with an open pit which you can see the cars up close These run all day every day fro the 3 days.
As well as all this It has all the supercars that feature on to gear and you can walk in around them all ( it was here I saw Jodie Kidd and VBH) both fit as Fook :D from Ferraris to Bugattis and All in between
On saturday the new airbus A580 had a fly by at 1000ft and 85 Knots and for something this size it was breath taking and very quiet.
yeaterday there was a display by the red arrows which was one of my highkights of the show- them boys have conkers of steel.
All the top marques were there to be sat in, RR, Audi, Porsche etc along with Range rover and lots of others.
There was also a chance to get a run in a Bowler tomcat, Porsche Cayanne, and Audi Q7 in an offroad style track.

I could go on and on about it but I'll just put a few pics when I get a chance :thumbsup:
Cheers
John

i was at this my self, 9 of us went over and it was the best show i've every been too.
never walked so much in all my life but WELL WORTH IT

look it up for next year lads, books out quickly

Back