Go Pro Advice...

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
Thinking of getting one for a good while wondered who's using them and how you find ect

Love to get into it and use it abit and see if I can do some editing ect

Any particular mounts ect that would be the best to use

See the new ones are called hero 4 ect ect

Wondering with the hd video capture would the old laptop be able to edit the video clips or would I have to get a newer laptop too

Basically any advice as always apreacited

Thanks

Ciaran WRX

Just the thread I was looking for myself Ciaran.

Santa is bringing me a hero 3 for x mas so looking for info on them also.

I found this mounts and acc's pack on eBay which I thought was decent money considering what you get in it.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/231376053571?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Maybe try get one in Europe to save on postage and taxs been added.

They seem to be the go to camera to have for every day use to Motorsport etc.

I have hero 2 and its a great camera and i hear the hero 3 is a lot better and that's a lot cheeper than what I gave for mine

Hero 3 is a lot better alright it has wifi and you can use an app on your control it

Was selling a few hero 3 black a few years ago the motorsport ones think they were 375 can't find the old post
if you want to let me know the model s you want and I'll try get them

yep they are great just go for a hero3/3+ as the 4 isn't a whole lot better to the average user, only noticeable improvement i can see is built in touch screen at the back which is handy to have.

The hero 3 black edition can do 4k resolution but most laptops/pc's would do well to play that back smoothly unless you edit it down a bit.

Suction cup mount is a must, and depending on what else you will be using it for the seatpost mount is good for moutain biking, chest and headmount are also useful, the 3 way tripod arm is good too to have and also the jaw clamp

So hero 3 black the one to go for lads?

I've been thinking about buying one of these for months

Are your ring Laps recorded on the hero3 Barry or phone also anyone using phone for ring laps or what's best

Mine was a hero 3 silver edition but I had it on the wrong exposure setting so they turned out dark in low light . The go pro black would be better in these conditions.

Phone wouldn't really be that good unless on a good mount

Found out today santa is bringing me the go pro 3+ silver edition.

Downloaded the free app on my phone and ipad for it and ordered up a few mounts and straps from japan.

Looking forward to getting it now and shoot a few vids.

:smokesubaru

[quote author=Ciaran WRX link=topic=43338.msg497553#msg497553 date=1416867130]
Baz how did you find the footage for downloading and editing?

Ciaran WRX
[/quote]

Do you mean uploading?

Editing I just use youtube editor , I don't have the patients for anything else as my laptop is too slow

Nice job keith that one looks the job [emoji106]

Yes baz that answers that though cheers didn't know you could edit on you tube full steam ahead so think the hero plus 3 is the one for me too[emoji106]

Ciaran WRX

Lads we have these in work does anybody know if there any good

Full 1080 with wifi

8dac2bc686992877dad9d70445d921be.jpg

655aa29d3f72ccaa19bd4f3f62b6c50c.jpg

5b9d9ea986a130e66f06138c1fb7d13a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back